Ubuntu 13

trevormacro

Hello,

Who can creat Ubuntu for pandora please?

I really want to have it on my pandora.

Thank you

There is a 12.10 but as Ubuntu it is unusable with unity. No gles acceleration...

Well... this is debian. But if he asks specifically for Ubuntu I guess he wants unity.

I try to install it on my SD card but I have a problem:

I want to uncompress the img file with my pandora and not with my ubuntu 13 PC.

What is the command line to uncompress the img file and having two parts on the SD.

This command line is not good on pandora : "dd if=<image.img> of=/dev/sdx"

Can you explain me please in details?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd assume you'd want to change the 'of=' parameter for one that points to the Pandora's SD card partitions. Those can be found under '/dev/mmcblk*' - that is something like '/dev/mmcblk0p1' for the first partition of the card seen first by the system. The first number is the card number (0 or 1) and the second number, after the 'p' is the partition number, starting at 1.

You can idenfify which partitions are which by typing 'mount'. That will print a load of gibberish, but it will contain lines like:

/dev/mmcblk1p5 on /media/panos type vfat (rw,noatime...)That indicates that /dev/mmcblk1p5 is the partition you want, if you want to install the OS to the partition currently mounted at '/media/panos'. So in that case, the command would be
Code:
dd -if= -of=/dev/mmcblk1p5
...where you replace with the file name of your disc image file.

Now in practice, the partition you want is unlikely to be mmcblk1p5 unless you've got five partitions on one of your SD cards. I just used that as an example - you'll have to work out which mmcblk device you want to reimage.

I just wanted to note that there is no such thing as "Ubuntu 13". There is Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10. 13 is the year and 04/10 the month.

And I really wouldn't use Ubuntu on the Pandora either.

Back