uh oh... :(

Maestro

Still Fresh
UH OH!... well I just purchased a gp32flu but then I remembered that I purchased games from joygp (mill,kimchi man, and gp cinema) I know that they use that encryption that it can only be played on one gp32. So I mailed bada and asked what I would have to do in order to play them on my new gp32 and he said in three lines.

Hello!
Games and application (download version) on JoyGP can be available on ONE

GP32.

If your GP32 changed, You have to buy them again.
Thanks!

bada

I don't understand why I have to purchase them AGAIN! I ALREADY BOUGHT THEM! :angry: This angers me! What if somebody's gp32 was faulty and had to return it and get a new one. Would they STILL have to purchase them again!

You knew it was encrypted to one GP32 when you bough them, to get around this you can buy the actual physical game so you can play it on any GP32. But I have ehard of joygp helping people out and getting the encryption changed to work on their new GP32

We've heard about these problems before, and I can forsee this being something that may kill off the GP32 for good unless something is done about it. As has been said, if your unit becomes faulty and you have to replace it, you have to purchase all the games all over again... I bet this is something that WON'T be told to the potential buyers when they think about getting one!

(As most users won't be getting a GP32 for the main released games - No offence, but there won't be that many titles to be a major selling point!)

Not that I am slagging off the GP32 mind! - Don't you even think that for one minute, as this little puppy is one helluva unit! - It's just the way that GamePark have gone about their "copy-protection" and everything, it's going to be a big negative when it comes to selling it...

As I said about, I bet that on the release, nobody will be told about the possible problems with registration (As some of us experienced - Hope they sort that out quick!) and the problems with programs being registered to THAT unit only... Hopefully GP will smooth over these problems with the release???

Yes, this does suck. I just purchased a used GP32 and it came with three games (Pinball Dreams, Tomak, and Little Wizzard, also MoviePark). I know if I like the GP32, I will want to get a FLU. That means I won't have the 3 games, and will have to purchase Movie Park. It does suck to re-purchase it, but it does make sense. I think that JoyGP should allow you to transfer the games ONCE if you happen to buy another system, or your GP32 breaks.

bit hard to comment on this situation really,

u could pay for the stuff again but i wouldn't, id feel like i got completely screwed,
i could say turn to alternative methods for getting the software but thats a shady subject in general even if it would be justified in this case, but i have been screwed so many times in the past by companies who won't do the "right" thing because your in the minority i wouldn't give a damn,

if they don't offer a method of transfering your purchaces to a new id they are shooting themselves in the foot really

i want to support gamepark since the gp32 is cool but im not gonna support something that screws legitimate users, if i wasn't so lazy i'd be shouting pettition time, as its in all users interest to see something done about this otherwise they'll be an increase in the warez demand then everyone looses, but still the number of effected people is so low, nothing would get done, seems to be the way it is, small numbers won't justify the effort required to see it changed

Back