Uk Tethering R?

juniorm33

I'm wondering if anyone here uses their mobile phone to tether to other devices in the UK?
A few of the providers offer unlimited downloads although it's actually 3 or 5MB from what I've seen and your not supposed to tether.
I don't need a lot of net access so I don't want to buy a dongle.
So anyone know of which carries you can get away with tethering with?

The iPhone gives you free internet access for a year, I don't know if you still get the full year if you subscribe now, but that was still the case a few months ago. You can tether as long as you don't use the latest firmware which disables it. There are some "grey area" 'hacks' which allow it on the latest firmware too, but you'll have to find them yourself.

Thanks Squidge, I'm not really an iPhone type person and since I'm getting a Pandora I have even less reason to get one. That's just my own personal circumstances and preferences.

I've seen a couple deals e.g. O2 has a sim only rolling contract deal, unlimited text, unlimited internet 15pounds a month.

Was just wondering if particular carriers pick up on tethering, or are more strict with the way the net access is being used. I'm not sure they could even tell if it's been tethered apart from if you was doing something like p2p which I wouldn't be doing.

I'd strongly advise getting Vodafone's PAYG mobile broadband adapter.
It costs £35, and you get 1GB of usage with that. It's then £15 per GB, but I haven't used my first GB up yet.

It should last you a while, particularly if you turn off pictures.

T-Mobile is awesome for tethering. Top up £10 a month, keep the £10, and you get unlimited internet and texts. Then just use the SIM with a phone that can tether, and away you go.

That's what I'm doing, and how I'm gonna get internet on the Pandora when I'm not near wifi.

Back