Tethering Pandora With Blackberry Pearl?

crimsonnight

OK, I don't 100% understand this, but from what I gather, tethering is the ability to use the internet on a computer (etc) through your mobile (GPS network?)
If this is the case will I be able to use my blackberry pearl to accomplish this? (http://mobilewirelessnews.com/2006/10/3 ... s-a-modem/)
If it is possible does it mean I have access to the internet at all times as long as my phone's on me? If so I'm guessing it'll be excruciatingly slow though?
Any information would be appreciated ^^

Tethering is the ability to use your mobile phone's cellular connection via a connection in bluetooth to another device. The pandora has bluetooth and is capable, but your phone needs to support tethering, which you would need to look into. Speed will depend on your network and carrier (3G is the big one). Be aware that cellular companies often charge for tethering, and they may be able to find out you are doing it without a plan.

The pearl supports tethering, but you'll have to make sure you get Pandora's linux set up to use dial-up networking.

ok thanks for the info ^^ im guessing you've used it then? do you have to pay extra if you use tethering with the pearl, also, do you know what the speed's like?

Back