Release Ultimate Stunts

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Ultimate Stunts, an Open Source remake of the old Dos game Stunts.
preview2.png

This game use glshim, and was one the first game I tried to port (along with Scorched Earth 3D). I had a GLES port of it for a long time, but the speed was not good enough, than I tried with glshim, but it was not much better. Now, with the improvement in the Batch mode (trying to batch call, especially inside glLists), and newer compiler, I got much better Framerates.
I removed Dynamic Reflection (too much drawing for that), and made the Shadow an option. It's disabled by default, but you can activate it by selecting Shadow size > 32 in the graphics options (Shadow is only advised on Gigahertz model).

Other important parameter are in simulation, both dtMin and NMax are important and it took a lot of time (many hours) to try find a good balance between performances and accuracy.

The Track Editor seems to work too, but I have not really tried it.

Defaut keymaping is DPad left/right to turn, (X) to accelerate and (B) for brake. Also (L) change Camera. But all can be changed in menu.
Also, in appdata/ultimatestunts are the left_nub and right_nub file if you want to activate Joystick (it should work but I didn't tried).

History log
=========

Build 01
------------
  • Initial build
  • Many Pandora adaptations

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks pretty cool,

Dos it also run on CC Pandorae (dosnt want to buy a 1ghz, because Pyra is near) ??

And it its only an Racing Game, or also like the name said something about stunts??

This looks pretty cool,

Dos it also run on CC Pandorae (dosnt want to buy a 1ghz, because Pyra is near) ??

And it its only an Racing Game, or also like the name said something about stunts??

Yes, it runs on CC. Use default driver and it should work fine (you may need to overclock to 800MHz).

Ok, thanks for the answer, i use 800 mhz as devault because the 600 mhz are a bit slow even on desctop..

So i will load it and try it out..

Thanks for your amazing work you make for the Pandora..

Got some time to fire it up: most thime i got something about 26 to 30 fps, but it plays quite well, and there are a lot cars to chose in the game, and lots of tracks which is also cool..

And this for a free and whit 40mb not that big siced game :)

I played alot of Stunts back then, and all of the built tracks fitted on one 3,5" Floppy Disc, game included. :D   Nice to see this remake here, even comes with the Editor. But somehow I like the old "graphics" more than these new ones, they were even more simple but they fitted better together. You can have simple graphics that are looking good and you can have high res graphics that look bad, sounds strange but is true sometimes. ;)  

Plays well on my CC Pandora, quite an interesting game .. fun for a while.  But I agree with Fusion_Power - there's something thats sort of 'off' in the graphics of this game, some kind of polish is missing - maybe its just too clean looking.  Nevertheless, a fabulous port, thank you ptitSeb!   :)   Once again you have proved a mastership of the Pandora that one can only aspire to achieving one day after a lot of hard work ..

Seems like im not that good in this game, the faster cars i take ditnt drouve that long on the track, ..

Seems like i have to train a bit whit GT2 on PCSX Reamed..

But the cars includet were cool, there is also a Ford Modell T (a bit slow for stunts ) and a Lego Car..

I would like to have this Game also on Pyra, but the whit every Detail set to hight :)

Seems like the Pandora Library gets some cool things in his last few Months..

Whit this, and Reggie World, the pandora is great serverd..

Thank you for this :) I find it just fascinatng, I had no idea of any "second"/updated Stunts version. The Pandora is running hot now here :) :)

Whe need a "Outrun" Track for this Game, this would fit quite well whit this ferrari ..
I like the modern graphics, but i also ditnt know the original Stunts Game,
Its a cool feature, that there also is a german languiqe in the options..

Back