Unbricking The Gp2x

invinciblegod

I've been trying to unbrick my gp2x using jtag but have been unsuccessful. I have been following this
guide without success. I have a gp2x first edition unit. After attempted Jtag fix it still has colored lines.
My output is below:
unbrick.jpg

Someone please help!

Do you have a complete firmware (i.e. 2.0.0, 3.0.0 or 4.0.0) on the SD Card inserted in the gp2x when you run this?
Do you wait about 60 seconds after gp2xrecovery has finished?

Just checking: are you sure your batteries are charged? if your using an AC/DC adapter just ignore my question.

Yes to everything. I tried both firmware 2 and 3. I do have everything unzipped onto the SD card that isnt SDHC. I did use it to upgrade firmware before.

I have a similar output, nothing happens with mine either: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=41006&hl=

Nobody has answered :(, I want to know the answer too.

My problem might be a little different, I have a completely blank LCD screen, but as it activates the flash program I get colored lines. Maybe my SD socket is broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
The trick for me to finally unbrick my GP2x was that I put the complete 2.0.0 firmware on an sd card. Then I ran gp2x recovery about 500 times and the software always says success as long as the GP2X is in the dock and you see the dock power light on. Obviously the software is not very sophisticated. It will say success even if you have no SD card in the GP2X. Anyway I noticed that every great once in awhile the GP2X would light up while running recovery and of course the vertical lines were visible. On the time I was successful I had my finger on the power button of the GP2X and I clicked on the recovery program and as sonn as I saw the window I turned the GP2X power button on which also powered the dock and this time when the recovery had flash the screen on the GP2X lit up with the vertical lines. I had read somewhere to wait a minute after the recovery software had completed and I waited a minute with the screen lit. I turned off the GP2X and I had read somewhere to wait 3 minutes. Perhaps this is to make sure the memory has properly reset. Well after 3 minutes while holding start and select I turned on the GP2X and I got the usual black screen. At this point I was resigned to the fact that I might not be able to recover my system so I was'nt surprised. I remember reading somewhere to turn on the system with start and select held until seeing the chip symbol showing the firmware was updating. I thought does it mean wait or to keep turning the system on and off. I turned the system on and waited and got nothing. I rapidly turned the system on and off with start and select held about 5 times rapidly and again waited and up popped the familiar chip symbol and updated me back to 2.0.0. I worked on the stupid thing all day before success. I really don't know if it helped or not but I downloaded the firmware from http://www.oneandoneis2.com/linux/GP2X/gp2..._200_060428.zip. I read that some of the 2.0.0 firwares were different. I really don't know if it's different but anyway if it worked for me it might work for you. Hope this helps.

Back