Underground Throne - the spiritual successor to Dungeon Keeper

You can do whatever you want.

Since my boycott is about making sure I don't accidentally "vote" for bad ideas with my money I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to: either you're playing the copy you've had for so long and they're not getting money out of it, OR you're giving them money for a 27 year old game thereby encouraging them to release more 20+ year old games.

Free to play and micro transactions are the devils work!! (Ok, slight exaggeration but you know what I mean)

I boycott such ghastly moneymaking schemes completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget about EA and their crappy Dungeon Keeper.. Well anything EA sucks. War for the Overworld is where it REALLY is at and it even has the original voice actors, very simular gameplay and much more.. It's even endorsed by the original creator of Dungeon Keeper!

Still very early development but its already showing potential :D

https://wftogame.com

Forget about EA and their crappy Dungeon Keeper.. Well anything EA sucks. War for the Overworld is where it REALLY is at and it even has the original voice actors, very simular gameplay and much more.. It's even endorsed by the original creator of Dungeon Keeper!

Still very early development but its already showing potential :D

https://wftogame.com

Okay, topic changed to reflect upon Underground Throne...

Feedback please guys....
Ok, as you wish...
So far I see a very early stage Dungeon Keeper clone without much to show yet nor any plans that indicate

how it will improve over Dungeon Keeper. I liked Dungeon Keeper quite a bit, so I'm curious to know what

direction you are planning to take this.

How will you differentiate? E.g. what kind of game new and/or altered mechanics can we expect?

There is just too little to go on...

I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment, being called a clone of the greatest RTS game ever made... but moving on.

The key features that separate this game from DK 1 & 2 is the following:

Permanent Fog of War

-DK1 was far too easy due to once fog of war was deactivated in a region you were able to still see an area. This made strategy pretty easy

The game is story enriched

-DK had a very light story to the tale. We plan to juice up the drama and moral decisions made in the game

Dynamic Missions

-Instead of just kill your rival or the heroes, missions will be based also in exploration

Minion Merger Room

-This key feature will allow you to splice seperate minions into one minion. This will be a crucial requirement on certain levels

Different abilities for the player

-Most of the powers aka spells are different except for the core 5 spells

--More info coming as they are built

Different Rooms

-The game does use many similar rooms seek in DK1 & 2 as they make sense

-However, we not use all seen in DK1 & 2 and we will creature our own custom rooms as well.

Active Dungeon King

-One big change is that you yourself will be able to play within the game

-You will have your own abilities and can not be placed or drop

--Mechanically a creature when killed the game is lost

--Mechanically a creature that can only be self-possessed

-Mechanically a creature that defends your dungeon throne when not selected

-In online play you can change your character

Different traps

-More info coming soon

Energy and Gold costs for actions

-Energy will help to level the playing field when you are broke or visa versa

--When running out of energy/gold and carrying creatures they drop from your hand.

No tutorials

-Jump in and get owned or master the game

Post Campaign Content

-Procedurally generated levels

-Mod support

-Ranked Multiplayer matches

-My special dungeon mode

--This is a continuous dungeon you manage which is connected to the PBU world. Be careful as your dungeon can suffer constant invasion from trolls. :D

-

Multiplayer

-Playing multiplayer on DK is pretty much not possible without going through a huge headache.

-Our game will support local and online(ranked) multiplayer

That is just the stuff planned, the game will evolve over time.

I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment, being called a clone of the greatest RTS game ever made... but moving on.
I suppose the intention depended on your answer :p
Seems like you have a vision to give your own creative spin to this, in that sense you can take it as a compliment :)

Sounds interesting, I will be keeping an eye on this one.

Hi theweirdn8,

Thanks for helping support our petition! We're glad to see other people are as appalled as us with their decision, and your generosity in donating free copies of your game is really appreciated!

If there is anything we can do to help you out in return, feel free to get in touch!

Regards,

Jon Higgins

VP Marketing, VVG Network.

VVGnet.com | GameBanana.com | GamerPetitions.com

@GamerPetitions

Jon@GamerPetitions.com

Waiting for my alpha to be sent out :) Looking forward to seeing this develop :)

Hey

Sorry adding that one feature(treasure room) involved fixing tons of bugs. The bug where the FPS dropped from 30 to 4fps when searching for nearby treasure room has been fixed. The re-declaration of a constant variable w/ typo has been fixed(caused tons of bugs).

The only thing I'm fixing now for this build now is minions randomly ignoring the fact they shouldn't be on top of blocks as allowing minions to return to treasure room when they have nothing else to do.

That should be done soon.

Thanks for your patience.

WE're moving forward!

Back