United States Purchase

picard-facepalm.jpg

What ever I'm not getting Pandora it isn't worth my time to much hassle I will ok for similar products that perform the same task a Linux mid can do practically everything the pandora can do all I can say is it wow its that hard to sell in us with slightly different charger Jesus. Well hey they are other emulation devices out there.

If don't really need game controls or too long of a battery life, you should get a Linux MID. It would also save you the effort of some thinking and reading (such as reading the pinned threads on a forum which are made for newbies instead of asking stupid, common questions... or doing a simple Google search before asking for definitions of things).

And for goodness' sake, use some punctuation. Your posts are a pain to read.

(also... I'd like to get me a "charger Jesus"...)

Esn said:
What ever I'm not getting Pandora it isn't worth my time to much hassle I will ok for similar products that perform the same task a Linux mid can do practically everything the pandora can do all I can say is it wow its that hard to sell in us with slightly different charger Jesus. Well hey they are other emulation devices out there.

If don't really need game controls or too long of a battery life, you should get a Linux MID. It would also save you the effort of some thinking and reading (such as reading the pinned threads on a forum which are made for newbies instead of asking stupid, common questions... or doing a simple Google search before asking for definitions of things).

And for goodness' sake, use some punctuation. Your posts are a pain to read.

(also... I'd like to get me a "charger Jesus"...)
Sorry about that man. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
linuxftw said:
WHAT?! What!!!11one No United States distributor how the hell am I supposed to buy the damn thing. You know maybe this thing would be popular in the United States. Arggh. Damn will have to import this thing. Is there any plans of Us distributor like gp2xstore.com or Playasia.com.
uh, dude

everyone else in the United States imported it

it's not a big fuckin' deal
I think I will import it when it becomes more of a common device something that doesn't need to be purchased over email in a weird way I can wait on it.

LOL this guy can't be real, can he?

Makes me ashamed for our future generations here in America.

linuxftw said:
I think I will import it when it becomes more of a common device something that doesn't need to be purchased over email in a weird way I can wait on it.

Ohh, I think I see what you mean now.

Yeah...yeah, I'll bet money that's never going to happen. The sites that we've been referring you too are run by the people making the device. They have no plans to sell it wholesale to distributors or retailers or anything, and they don't have a commpelling reason to. You can think of it as a hobby kit that comes pre-assembled. The best you could hope for is someone who bought it the normal way got sick of it and sold it on ebay. More likely they'll try to get a couple hundred dollars profit out of it.

Remember: they only made these four thousand after they had four thousand pre-orders. If this pattern continues, you will wait forever.

Although! Possibly after the first four thousand are made, the next six will be sold not just on pre-order. If I were the person making such decisions, I'd probably accept pre-order on some of them, then ship the others to Fulfillment By Amazon (which I think exists in the UK also?), sell them for a higher mark up and let the big bad logistics masterminds take care of sales, stock, shipping options, etc.

...So I guess we're lucky I'm not in charge.

DroneB Dev said:
openpandorasales at gmail.com

i believe it is very crowded because it must be flooded with tons of "place questions", "address reconfirmations", and lots of preorder requests.

BTW is there a ILLEGITIMATE(diferent from illegal) way of getting a pandora?? XD

I want to say something about this. I have tried numerous times on several different emails to contact openpandorasales last year around September. Not one reply ever. I understand their busy schedule but not getting back once ever? It's more than frustrating. I doubt i'm the only one. So when someone suggests I contact Openpandorasales, I throw my hands up. I am interested in getting in on the second round but this is just silly to jump through these hoops. I think the best way to remedy this is a form letter that gives you a approx. time when you can expect a response. Just a suggestion.

thelollypopguild said:
DroneB Dev said:
openpandorasales at gmail.com

i believe it is very crowded because it must be flooded with tons of "place questions", "address reconfirmations", and lots of preorder requests.

BTW is there a ILLEGITIMATE(diferent from illegal) way of getting a pandora?? XD

I want to say something about this. I have tried numerous times on several different emails to contact openpandorasales last year around September. Not one reply ever. I understand their busy schedule but not getting back once ever? It's more than frustrating. I doubt i'm the only one. So when someone suggests I contact Openpandorasales, I throw my hands up. I am interested in getting in on the second round but this is just silly to jump through these hoops. I think the best way to remedy this is a form letter that gives you a approx. time when you can expect a response. Just a suggestion.
I've only had to e-mail them a couple times in the past two years, but they were always quite prompt - maybe you could try sending from a different address? It sounds like you weren't getting through at all.

linuxftw said:
atomicthumbs said:
linuxftw said:
WHAT?! What!!!11one No United States distributor how the hell am I supposed to buy the damn thing. You know maybe this thing would be popular in the United States. Arggh. Damn will have to import this thing. Is there any plans of Us distributor like gp2xstore.com or Playasia.com.
uh, dude

Wait...so you're not buying a unit because you think it is "weird" that you have to e-mail them first? Are you concerned about the security of your payment? Craig & Co. have been a part of this scene for many years and their reputation is rock solid. Or is it really such a hassle (because of your incredibly busy 15-year old life...??) for you to send a single e-mail their way?

You know, the Pandora isn't for "Joe Everybody"...people have waited years for their unit, and you find trouble with the thought of sending an e-mail...I'm getting a feeling it may not be for you, either.

I'm also still waiting for a reply from someone. I sent the same email to two addresses with no answer from either. The website says they have a few of the first batch left for pre-order. So I hope that is correct and I can get one.

It's only been a couple of days since I emailed them. But I do hope to get a response soon. I have a BlackBerry and I think I'm just use to email being an instant form of communication. If I haven't heard anything by this time next week I will try sending the messages from a different email account.

i just sent my mail yesterday and i got response today.

(thanks deb)

@linuxftw

another rule is to not DOUBLE POST.
next time use edit button.

@thelollypopguild

i believe due to the volume of mails, maybe they have some filters or mail manager.
so try a different subject on the mail.

EDIT:

@linuxftw
just like this.

and btw, they purchase is via Google Checkout, and i recall that GC has a insurance that covers 4 months after the payment
of course if you want to cancel you should ask OP first.

if you are still unsure, well i believe there are no longer any slots left on 1st batch.

Kicker said:
linuxftw said:

Ohh, I think I see what you mean now.

Yeah...yeah, I'll bet money that's never going to happen. The sites that we've been referring you too are run by the people making the device. They have no plans to sell it wholesale to distributors or retailers or anything, and they don't have a commpelling reason to. You can think of it as a hobby kit that comes pre-assembled. The best you could hope for is someone who bought it the normal way got sick of it and sold it on ebay. More likely they'll try to get a couple hundred dollars profit out of it.

Remember: they only made these four thousand after they had four thousand pre-orders. If this pattern continues, you will wait forever.

Although! Possibly after the first four thousand are made, the next six will be sold not just on pre-order. If I were the person making such decisions, I'd probably accept pre-order on some of them, then ship the others to Fulfillment By Amazon (which I think exists in the UK also?), sell them for a higher mark up and let the big bad logistics masterminds take care of sales, stock, shipping options, etc.

...So I guess we're lucky I'm not in charge.
Well thank you for clarification then I will just purchase one of the devices via the email method when there is another batch I will also wait for it to become cheaper which is just common sense. :) :pandora2ut4:

Azure said:
linuxftw said:
atomicthumbs said:
linuxftw said:
uh, dude

Wait...so you're not buying a unit because you think it is "weird" that you have to e-mail them first? Are you concerned about the security of your payment? Craig & Co. have been a part of this scene for many years and their reputation is rock solid. Or is it really such a hassle (because of your incredibly busy 15-year old life...??) for you to send a single e-mail their way?

You know, the Pandora isn't for "Joe Everybody"...people have waited years for their unit, and you find trouble with the thought of sending an e-mail...I'm getting a feeling it may not be for you, either.
I do realize the Pandora isn't a regular device and I can purchase in the way the creators want me to so I mean I'm no hacker or programmer but I am for tech savvy than most people and I can perform tasks just fine I'm not the type of guy to want something oversimplified that is why I hate Apple products (Apple hater for life) so not the smartest person when it comes to computers but I'm certainly no Joe Everybody.

CHARIZAAAAAAAARD
………………………………_____________
…………………………„~^'¯_„„„__::::::::__::¯'•„
……………………_„~":„-•^'¯:;:;:;:¯¯¯¯¯:;¯'^•„::'~--~^¯¯/
……………….„-•^":„-•^";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„-•;'|;:~;„-•^'¯
……………..„/':::„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„~';:„-•;|:::|
…………..„•'::„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;„~";„•^";:„/'::/'…………………………__„„„_„_
………..„•"„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„•';„~";:;:;:/:::/'……………_______„-•^'¯:„------„_¯'•-„__„------„_
……..„•'„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„•';„•";:;:;:;:„/::„/…………[¯¯¯::::-:::::„::::::':|-~^*'¯¯:::::::::::::::-::¯'•„
…..„•'„•'_„„„„--------„_;:;:;:;:;:;:„•";„•';:;:;:;:;:/:::/'…………„~"¯¯¯¯'""*^-|::::::::::::::::::::::::_„„--~--„_::::|
…/'„•'¯¯…………...';:;:;:;„•":;„•';:;:;:;:;:;/:::/'………„•^'::::::::::„~^':::/':::::::„:::::::_„„-~^'V::::::::::¯)'¯
../^'………………….'|;:;„/';:;„/';:;:;:;:;:;:;|:::|'…….„•"::::::::::::/-•::::„/':::::::::¯¯¯¯¯::::::::::___„•^*¯
………………………|;/':;:;/';:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|::'|….„•"::::::::::::::/':::::„/':::::::::::::::::::::::::„~^'¯
……………………..'|;:;:;/';:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:':::'\/'_„--~^*^-„::::/'::::„/':::::::::::~-~-„_„„„-~^'……………|-„-
……………………..|:;:;:;:;:__„„„„„„_:;:;:;:'~-„¯'~-„……|:::::„~'::::::::::::::::„•'…………__„-~/…<";:;/
……………………..|„-•~^*'¯………¯'•„;:;:;:;'::::'|……|„~^'::::::::::::::::„•"……….„-~/-";:;:/-~"„---/'
…………………………………………'|:;:;:;:;|:::/'--~^"::::::::::::::::::::/'…………_);:;„--^/_„--/';("'„
………………………………………….'•„;:;:;•'¯¯:::~-„::::::::::::~-:::/'…………..):/-/';;;;¯_;;;;;/'¯
……………………………………………|•^':„-:::::::::::'):::::::::::'~::|'…………..(-~*);;;;|;:;:'\/'
………………_„„„----------------„„„__..„-~^'¯:::'::::::::::„/'::::„--~~-„__|___„„„„-~^*'„-~^'\__/'¯'~¯
………….„•^'¯::::::::::'::::::::::::::„•"::::::::::::'|:::„--„_|„-~^':::: :( --„\ .'|::::/'„--„|~'¯'•-„
………„~":::::::::::::::'~|:::::__„~"_„„------„_:::/::::::::::|'/:::::'~~/'„„\..'|_..)::V:::::|':/'
…….„/'::::::::::::::::_„--~^*'¯.„/'^*'¯:::::::::::¯'~„:::::_„„„---„„_„--(> . . |'::¯:::::::::-¯--„
……/::::::::::::::„•^'¯……..„•'::::::::::::::::::::::::'\„^'¯ . . . . . . . . . ./':::„-~~-----(__)
…../::::::::::::::/………_„/':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::'\ . . . . . . . . . . /'~^--„
…„|':::::::---~--'\___„-•^'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::'| . . . . . . . . . /':::::::¯'•„
..„|'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|' . . . . . . . . /':::::::::::::'|
..'| .'•„:::::::::|::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/' . . . . . . . „/'::::::::::::::::'|
…'\ . '~-„_:::|:::::::::_„„--~::::::::::::::::::::::::::/' . . . . ._„~^':::::::::::::::::::'|
…..'~„ . . ¯¯'¯¯ . . . .'|:::::::'^~--„__::::::/'--~~^*¯'\-„_::::::::::::::::::::„/'
……..¯'•-„_ . . '~ . . . . . /':::~^"¯¯::::::¯::::|'…….„~^"¯::::_:::::::::_„-•^'
…………..¯'^~------------/':::::::::„---„::::::::::_'\,..„/':::::::::::::¯¯¯*: :( '_
……………………..„•" .'::::::/' . . ':::::„•"¯¯'~(„::::::::::::::::„-~--„/_¯'~-„
……………………./' . __„\---'| . . . .'|-„„-'\-„___ .'\^~-„„____'\____„-->~--"
……………………¯¯¯………'^~-~^'…………

Guy, you show less promise than aesir911 did when he was new. There may be in the future a surplus of units, but they will be sold at GBAX, ED's shop, or mfk's shop. It's (likely) never going to be on Amazon. Most people ordered from Craig (that includes the US orders), and even wire transfered cash to him after the collapse. It doesn't sound like you have or will ever have that much trust in the community, which is the device.

fischju2000 said:
CHARIZAAAAAAAARD
………………………………_____________
…………………………„~^'¯_„„„__::::::::__::¯'•„
……………………_„~":„-•^'¯:;:;:;:¯¯¯¯¯:;¯'^•„::'~--~^¯¯/
……………….„-•^":„-•^";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„-•;'|;:~;„-•^'¯
……………..„/':::„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„~';:„-•;|:::|
…………..„•'::„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;„~";„•^";:„/'::/'…………………………__„„„_„_
………..„•"„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„•';„~";:;:;:/:::/'……………_______„-•^'¯:„------„_¯'•-„__„------„_
……..„•'„•";:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:„•';„•";:;:;:;:„/::„/…………[¯¯¯::::-:::::„::::::':|-~^*'¯¯:::::::::::::::-::¯'•„
…..„•'„•'_„„„„--------„_;:;:;:;:;:;:„•";„•';:;:;:;:;:/:::/'…………„~"¯¯¯¯'""*^-|::::::::::::::::::::::::_„„--~--„_::::|
…/'„•'¯¯…………...';:;:;:;„•":;„•';:;:;:;:;:;/:::/'………„•^'::::::::::„~^':::/':::::::„:::::::_„„-~^'V::::::::::¯)'¯
../^'………………….'|;:;„/';:;„/';:;:;:;:;:;:;|:::|'…….„•"::::::::::::/-•::::„/':::::::::¯¯¯¯¯::::::::::___„•^*¯
………………………|;/':;:;/';:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:|::'|….„•"::::::::::::::/':::::„/':::::::::::::::::::::::::„~^'¯
……………………..'|;:;:;/';:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:;:':::'\/'_„--~^*^-„::::/'::::„/':::::::::::~-~-„_„„„-~^'……………|-„-
……………………..|:;:;:;:;:__„„„„„„_:;:;:;:'~-„¯'~-„……|:::::„~'::::::::::::::::„•'…………__„-~/…<";:;/
……………………..|„-•~^*'¯………¯'•„;:;:;:;'::::'|……|„~^'::::::::::::::::„•"……….„-~/-";:;:/-~"„---/'
…………………………………………'|:;:;:;:;|:::/'--~^"::::::::::::::::::::/'…………_);:;„--^/_„--/';("'„
………………………………………….'•„;:;:;•'¯¯:::~-„::::::::::::~-:::/'…………..):/-/';;;;¯_;;;;;/'¯
……………………………………………|•^':„-:::::::::::'):::::::::::'~::|'…………..(-~*);;;;|;:;:'\/'
………………_„„„----------------„„„__..„-~^'¯:::'::::::::::„/'::::„--~~-„__|___„„„„-~^*'„-~^'\__/'¯'~¯
………….„•^'¯::::::::::'::::::::::::::„•"::::::::::::'|:::„--„_|„-~^':::: :( --„\ .'|::::/'„--„|~'¯'•-„
………„~":::::::::::::::'~|:::::__„~"_„„------„_:::/::::::::::|'/:::::'~~/'„„\..'|_..)::V:::::|':/'
…….„/'::::::::::::::::_„--~^*'¯.„/'^*'¯:::::::::::¯'~„:::::_„„„---„„_„--(> . . |'::¯:::::::::-¯--„
……/::::::::::::::„•^'¯……..„•'::::::::::::::::::::::::'\„^'¯ . . . . . . . . . ./':::„-~~-----(__)
…../::::::::::::::/………_„/':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::'\ . . . . . . . . . . /'~^--„
…„|':::::::---~--'\___„-•^'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::'| . . . . . . . . . /':::::::¯'•„
..„|'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|' . . . . . . . . /':::::::::::::'|
..'| .'•„:::::::::|::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/' . . . . . . . „/'::::::::::::::::'|
…'\ . '~-„_:::|:::::::::_„„--~::::::::::::::::::::::::::/' . . . . ._„~^':::::::::::::::::::'|
…..'~„ . . ¯¯'¯¯ . . . .'|:::::::'^~--„__::::::/'--~~^*¯'\-„_::::::::::::::::::::„/'
……..¯'•-„_ . . '~ . . . . . /':::~^"¯¯::::::¯::::|'…….„~^"¯::::_:::::::::_„-•^'
…………..¯'^~------------/':::::::::„---„::::::::::_'\,..„/':::::::::::::¯¯¯*: :( '_
……………………..„•" .'::::::/' . . ':::::„•"¯¯'~(„::::::::::::::::„-~--„/_¯'~-„
……………………./' . __„\---'| . . . .'|-„„-'\-„___ .'\^~-„„____'\____„-->~--"
……………………¯¯¯………'^~-~^'…………

Guy, you show less promise than aesir911 did when he was new. There may be in the future a surplus of units, but they will be sold at GBAX, ED's shop, or mfk's shop. It's (likely) never going to be on Amazon. Most people ordered from Craig (that includes the US orders), and even wire transfered cash to him after the collapse. It doesn't sound like you have or will ever have that much trust in the community, which is the device.
I just said I would buy through the method that the developers want me to and I will buy through gbax.com how do I not trust community answer me. I kinda get how it won't be on Amazon alright. I kinda get how it won't be on Amazon or something like that I will just use gbax.com.

Line O said:
...when it gets cheaper.
Wouldn't the thing get cheaper a lot of what the Pandora is common components found in many devices example omap processor.

Back