University Where Are You Going

mathmatics at university Chester.

Youll see me and my gp on Hollyoaks, (well if i was better looking you might)

feddon posted on Sep 1 2005 at 02:06 AM said:

Well yeah, but they record Hollyoaks in Liverpool.

As an aside, Jake from Hollyoaks came to a club in Scunthorpe last Saturday, but I didn't know about it :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's Staffordshire Campus. From what I gathered at the open day the course seemed pretty decent. They even offer a masters in Game Design. If the course ends up being rubbish I'll probably head back to my homeland and get some sort of qualification in web design.

Mark posted on Aug 31 2005 at 10:27 PM said:
davey g posted on Aug 31 2005 at 10:56 PM said:
Game Design at Staffordshire.

Staffordshire Campus, I take it?

And more importantly, you can do Games Design there? Why the fuck am I taking Social Psychology?

Hands up who thinks any of us will get a job in our chosen profession? *Does not raise hand*

I'm doing Civil Engineering, which, as far as I am aware, is as Vocational as it gets

although I'll probably end up being an accountant, since a lot of the accounting companies like engineering students (they put up tents on results day luring people over to the darkside)

Why the fuck am I taking Social Psychology?

Hands up who thinks any of us will get a job in our chosen profession? *Does not raise hand*

I did ecommerce and business at Plymouth Uni 5 years ago, and so far have worked for British Airways, Argos, and BP. The last job in which I made enough cash to burn on a round the world trip for a year. My point is you have to be driven and know what you want to do to get into a "profession" - theres too many pish degrees being offered and enough gullible people taking them. e.g. at my Uni, surf science had an unbelievable drop out rate.

I go to the University of Wisconsin River Falls. This is my last year there! I'm a senior majoring in History with a geography minor. Where do I plan on getting a job in the history field you ask? I reply I have no I dea~

slightly off topic, but does anyone know if theres a safe wya to get P2P programs running on university networks? Im not sure if all of them block them, but ive got several friends who cant use most if any of the programs, and even then its under threat of being removed from the system. I wondered if changing port settings or whatever would help, but I know absolutely nothing about these things so didnt suggest anything.

mattmagoo posted on Sep 1 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
Mark posted on Aug 31 2005 at 10:27 PM said:
davey g posted on Aug 31 2005 at 10:56 PM said:
Game Design at Staffordshire.

Staffordshire Campus, I take it?

And more importantly, you can do Games Design there? Why the fuck am I taking Social Psychology?

I'm doing Civil Engineering, which, as far as I am aware, is as Vocational as it gets

although I'll probably end up being an accountant, since a lot of the accounting companies like engineering students (they put up tents on results day luring people over to the darkside)
lol, you can do engineering at gcse in my school. It's for dumbasses :p

mattmagoo posted on Sep 10 2005 at 08:08 PM said:
you mean car engineering?
i can't remember to be honest, but I don't think it was car engineering.

LHC posted on Sep 1 2005 at 11:21 AM said:
feddon posted on Sep 1 2005 at 02:06 AM said:

Well yeah, but they record Hollyoaks in Liverpool.

As an aside, Jake from Hollyoaks came to a club in Scunthorpe last Saturday, but I didn't know about it :(

never actually watched an episode of holloyoaks, thaught it was in chester.

davey g posted on Sep 10 2005 at 07:08 PM said:
That's weird, when I went to the Staffordshire open day, the dude trying to sell the university to us suggested that we should use the 2mb connection to download movies. I'm hoping they have a good newsgroup server.
lol :p

Back