University

What is klute?
I'm a Durham local and it doesn't sound familiar.
One of the few nightclubs in Durham, it's legendary amongst students, mainly because it's just so bad!
Never heard of it, is it just over the uni end?
The only club like place in Durham I can think about is Walkabout.

The Freshman and Sophmore years are fun. The Junior and Senior years are not.
Translation to UK English?

Freshman is a new starter I'm 90% certain and I'm getting sophmore is a last year person. Junior and senior are 2 in between ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is klute?
I'm a Durham local and it doesn't sound familiar.
One of the few nightclubs in Durham, it's legendary amongst students, mainly because it's just so bad!
Never heard of it, is it just over the uni end?
The only club like place in Durham I can think about is Walkabout.
It's right next to where the old boat house is, the one that's now been turned into a bar. There's DH1 as well, on the same ugly street as Walkabout (Durham council give planning permission for eyesores far too easily).

Whats so LOL?
I only got 1 wrong.

I'd forgot about DH1, thats full of school kids. Not my kind of thing at all. I quite like that street, the rising toilet is amazing. I've got to try and be on top of it when it rises some time.

Dunno where i'm gonna go.
I'm gonn ado the computer science and I should get about an ABB.

No idea what I need, for Durham which is the highest I could go to I think Its AAB-BBB and knowing my luck they'll stick me with AAB. As said 2 subjects I think I could get a A but the third one will be hard.
Come to Durham with me, we can drink sake and play GP32.

No idea what I need, for Durham which is the highest I could go to I think Its AAB-BBB and knowing my luck they'll stick me with AAB. As said 2 subjects I think I could get a A but the third one will be hard.
Come to Durham with me, we can drink sake and play GP32.
Hey, another Durham lad, I'm from between Durham and Peterlee :)

I was going to go to Durham or Teeside, went with Teeside in the end as:

a) the Computer Science course was better rated than Durham

B) maths/computing school had better facilities

c) no-one at 'boro was a stuck up prat.. well, a lot less than Durham anyway

'Boro stinks though, and its full of scallys, charvers, rogues, benefit cheats and pigeon chasers (really!).

Surprised you didn't know about Klute... biggest dive ever... we all used to go there when we were at the Sixth form down by the ice rink.

BTW. After the 4 years there, I would now like to build a 20 foot wall around 'boro now and fill it full of bleach... clean the stinking place up. I work at newcastle uni now... a much better class of eye candy :)

Hey, another Durham lad, I'm from between Durham and Peterlee :)

I was going to go to Durham or Teeside, went with Teeside in the end as:

a) the Computer Science course was better rated than Durham

B) maths/computing school had better facilities

c) no-one at 'boro was a stuck up prat.. well, a lot less than Durham anyway

'Boro stinks though, and its full of scallys, charvers, rogues, benefit cheats and pigeon chasers (really!).

Surprised you didn't know about Klute... biggest dive ever... we all used to go there when we were at the Sixth form down by the ice rink.
Yeah, Durham's Computer Science facilities aren't the best...

I'll take rahs over charvas any day though!

I've heard Teeside is good for computing though I've also hear Durham is good for computing, haven't went to a open day yet though. Its between Durham and Newcastle for me, despite Teeside supposed to have good computing facilities I can't stand smog and its a bit too low class even for me.

Newcastle Newcastle.
Northumbria is the lowest ranked uni around here.
My cousin went to Newcastle to do chemistry and he says its good and its the 2nd closest to home (though still far away enough that moving out wouldn't look odd)

I need to go somewhere with a low Chav rating....

Arggg they drive me nuts...!!

Back