Unofficial Top 100 Emulated Games For Gp2x

b._.o._.b

In this thread http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=39362 I've asked if people were interested in a list of games vs system. Some games are available on lots of platforms and it would be nice to have a list of games and the emulator this game performs best on.
I did not get a lot of responses so took the advise of Woogal and wrote my own list.

In the process of making it I tried to stay as objective as possible. The most subjective part will be the games I left out, I'm not into all types of games. So the games I never play or I don't like how they play on the GP2X did not make it into this list.
It is a work in process, so I will add more games later and probably add more links. I need to add some ScummVM games, but it turned out to be a pretty nice list so far imo.
To make it a bit more fun I've added ratings. Don't take the ratings too seriously, the games in the list are all great.

Well, here it is my "Unofficial top 100 of emulated games for the GP2X"

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pvs...BcEspY4BGa74Tbg

Let me know what you think of the list, I hope I didn't forget your favourites ;)

Have fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think the list is a good idea but also a bad idea at the same time.

A list like this is vey opinionated and depends on the person making the list. For example you have pushover for the snes on there where I would prefer the Amiga version.

A much better way of doing it (However making it much longer to make) would be to name a game and then do a comparison for each version and an explanation of why a version works better on the GP2X. There might be a game thats much better on one computer than another but on the GP2X the worse version is better to play.

For example I find Wing Commander a much better game on the Amiga than on the Snes however on the GP2X I would find the Snes version more appealing because I dont need to use a keyboard so I would mention this in a comparison

heh, back in the gp32 days, I had a blog called GameProbe32 that just reviewed games that worked great on the GP32 that were a blast to play. I had a lot of help from friends in the community. frolik and alinsanfran would post a lot of articles, and a few others like thewub submitted articles sometimes as well. It was right when blogs started to get popular. Maybe something like that is a good idea for you? It gives you a great outlet and a great way to recommend YOUR favorites to everyone else! Also, when others contribute, you get to see their favorite games, which you then try and learn to love on your own!

I made some great friends that I still keep in touch with. In fact, I'll be meeting frolik for the 1st time this summer when he comes to Florida. Unfortunately, the blog is now defunct, but it's because everyone's time got short and I went to school. I wish it was still going now :(

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out to you, it was a lot of fun while it lasted and I actually had some readers :)

Nice list, a few i have not tried but will.

I think you have it right - this is a list of your favourite games, on the systems best emulated on GP2X.

For example, you mention OutcaST for Xenon II which works a treat on GP2X. However, the Amiga version was better (few more colours, excellent sounds). On GP2X, you need to majorly overclock Amiga emulator for decent speeds, and even then it is not as playable as on OutcaST. I have not tried pushover for Amiga on GP2X (although I do have the original for my A500!), but I imagine it is easier to get running and play using SNES on the 2X'?

The game choice may be subjective ;) but I think most people will agree the systems quoted provide the most playable versions on GP2X (until even better emulators for some systems arrive!)

I'd like to see some kind of central spreadsheet which users can update to include as many games as possible - if there is debate over which system is best for certain games (playable on GP2X), a vote could be taken!!

Man what a can of worms you may have opened here!! :D Nice work though btw!

Thanks for the reply's guys! :)

foleyjo said:
A list like this is vey opinionated and depends on the person making the list. For example you have pushover for the snes on there where I would prefer the Amiga version.
I agree, it will not be 100% objective. I did try to make the list like that though. If games are on more systems I choose the console version because they are generaly better suited for the GP2X. The main reason there are not much Amiga versions of games on the list is because ua4all doesn't have savestates. The Atari-ST versions are mostly just as good.

BobBorakovitz said:
heh, back in the gp32 days, I had a blog called GameProbe32
Great blog BobBorakovitz, I really enjoyed reading it! There are some great games on your blog that I shall add to the list. Too bad the blog isn't updated anymore, but it has some great content already.
In the review section of this board I tried to write some reviews, so I already did something like you porposed. Because I'm not an native English speaker it takes a lot of time to make something I hope is worthwhile reading. And after rereading it I'm not always happy with the quality, so right now I don't have the motivation to make another one :)

sataniC Virus said:
I'd like to see some kind of central spreadsheet which users can update to include as many games as possible - if there is debate over which system is best for certain games (playable on GP2X), a vote could be taken!!
This online spreadsheet can be maintained by many people. If you like I can add you to the share list and you can add your own favourites. Only thing you need is a Google acount. Would be great if you joined this initiative!

I see you really understand how I tried to make the list and why :)
I have already explained foleyjo why I prefer Outcast instead of UA4All and your comment is spot on. In this case (Xenon II) I might change it to Picodrive though, because I've read there is also a version for Sega Genesis. Not tried it yet, but if it's good I will change it into that version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back