Updated libc6 - terminal in/out error!

GuSec

I followed this as I've done successfully before. The problem is that the newest version of gtk-murrine-engine requires libc6 (GNU C Library) of version 2.12 or newer. The last time I installed it I didn't care and forced an installation anyway. This though lead to some strange errors (when unmounting for example) so I decided to be more thorough this time.

So I got version 2.12 of libc6 and upgraded it (1.3 MB). It worked fine, but now I can't start the standard terminal emulator! It complains about some in/out-error! How do I fix this mess? What do I do to revert the changes and install murrine correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Until .next comes out, you shouldn't use opkg to install or update your system.

Oh really? So there is no way to install packages such as the murrine engine? Can I fix my mistake at least without reflashing?

Then it's another reflash then!

What's the danger of using opkg right now? Is there no way to safely install theme engines and other neat stuff (I used it successfully for tools like cron before)? Even if I'm not messing around with package versions (upgrading/downgrading)?

The best way to install software is to compile it either with a toolchain or on the pandora itself. Then you can also package up a pnd and share with others.

Of course nobody prevents you from playing with opkg, but as long as there are some packages that are patched for Pandora and some newer packages are not compatible or missing, there is always the risk of damaging your system this way.

One thing you can do is booting an os from sdcard and try your installs there and if it works, you can do it on the nand, too.

Back