Ups Missed Delivery

astewardson

Still Fresh
Well my first time posting, long time lurking.

Came home from work today and found a card from UPS saying I had a missed delivery (My Pandora :D )

Phoned them up and I have to wait until 6pm before I can pick it up from the depot :(

I just wanted to share my excitement and ask if there is anything anyone wanted to know about it when I get it?

I'm going to take a HD video of the unboxing and startup and naturally loads of photos that I will post if anyone wants me to :)

Well only 3 hours to go...

Nice, you lucky &#%$ ;)

did you order the tv-out lead? If so I'd like to know how it looks on your telly

if you can check sound settings too and see if you can see a setting to switch between stereo/mono - was wondering this the other day as came up in another thread

the screen holding ability too, as heard one review rate it good, another not so good
...just if it holds firm when the screen is opened to a 45degree or something, if you shake the pandora a bit does the screen pos hold or does it swing closed or flat out?

Well, have fun from about 6:01 onwards .... You know you'll be at the sorting depot 6:01 precisly ;)

Mjlink said:
Do you mind telling us the city/country you ordered from and when you ordered?

Thanks!

Link

I have lost the original confirmation email but I ordered it about an hour after the preorders became available
I live in Guildford, England and ordered it from the main pandora site

joseluisjazz said:
Welcome to the cult! :D

Thank you :D

Fzero said:
Nice, you lucky &#%$ ;)

did you order the tv-out lead? If so I'd like to know how it looks on your telly

if you can check sound settings too and see if you can see a setting to switch between stereo/mono - was wondering this the other day as came up in another thread

the screen holding ability too, as heard one review rate it good, another not so good
...just if it holds firm when the screen is opened to a 45degree or something, if you shake the pandora a bit does the screen pos hold or does it swing closed or flat out?

Well, have fun from about 6:01 onwards .... You know you'll be at the sorting depot 6:01 precisly ;)

Nope, didn't order the TV-Out cable, I was short of money when I first placed my order :(

Yes, will check the sound settings and get back to you.

I will give the screen a play and do a video if this helps? :)

I will hopefully get back to you asap on my pandora :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fzero said:

They're not shipping the TV-Out cables yet... The minimum order was 10,000 so they haven't even been produced yet. We will get them later.

I am 100% sure that this will happen to me.

Hopefully calling them up and retrieving the device after a missed delivery will be simple enough.

VRAndy said:

Hopefully calling them up and retrieving the device after a missed delivery will be simple enough.
The card said they would deliver it tomorrow but I can't wait that long!

I just phoned them, gave them the number at the bottom of the card and they checked to see what time the driver was back at the depot and told me to pick it up then :)

congrats for 6pm today ;)
bash the friggin door down of that depot!!!

astewardson said:
VRAndy said:

The card said they would deliver it tomorrow but I can't wait that long!

I just phoned them, gave them the number at the bottom of the card and they checked to see what time the driver was back at the depot and told me to pick it up then :)

Sounds good. (If I let them try to deliver it the next day, I'll just wind up with another little card.)

Congrats and really awesome your going to make a vid of it ,make some more vids of it though like playing games and emulators (like mupen64) , just show us some awesome stuff to make our wait some easier (or harder lol)

astewardson said:
Well my first time posting, long time lurking.

Came home from work today and found a card from UPS saying I had a missed delivery (My Pandora :D )

Phoned them up and I have to wait until 6pm before I can pick it up from the depot :(

I just wanted to share my excitement and ask if there is anything anyone wanted to know about it when I get it?

I'm going to take a HD video of the unboxing and startup and naturally loads of photos that I will post if anyone wants me to :)

Well only 3 hours to go...

Did you receive a shipping confirmation email?

Trevsweb said:
congrats for 6pm today ;)
bash the friggin door down of that depot!!!

Mithrildor said:
Congrats and really awesome your going to make a vid of it ,make some more vids of it though like playing games and emulators (like mupen64) , just show us some awesome stuff to make our wait some easier (or harder lol)

Yep, will do as many videos as people want :), try and make your mouths water even more!

fade said:
Did you receive a shipping confirmation email?
Nope, no confirmation email. I assume it's the pandora because it was first tracked at Gateshead and I'm not expecting anything else by UPS.

Wish me luck, leaving now :D

Good luck m8 ,hope you get it in time and look forward to your thoughts on the Pandora.

I have it :D:D:D

Just playing with it now, have done a few videos. Will post vids and pics in a tick...

astewardson said:
I have it :D :D:D

Just playing with it now, have done a few videos. Will post vids and pics in a tick...

Congrats. :D

Looking forward to seeing the first videos from a paid customer.

First unboxing video uploaded to youtube, apologies for the miserable commentary! (I am excited really!!!)

(I uploaded this in HD, the quality will improve after its been processed for a while)

Link:
Youtube Link

Fzero said:
I have had a look about and not found any sound settings so far, will keep looking though :)

Fzero said:
I've recorded a video about this, hope it helps, if not let me know and i'll record another one
Youtube Link

Back