Usb Charging Not Jiving

twent4

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I haven't been able to properly charge my pandora over USB lately... it's been laying around for a few weeks *braces for lashings*, i picked it back up, gave it a nice DC adaptor charge back to 100%. Now every time I try to charge it through the OTG port from 2 different computers all it does is drain the battery. I've tried shutting it off then plugging it in: it autoboots, then does the same thing. Also tried in both regular and sleep modes to identical results.

Running unmodified ZAXXON with HF4.

1) does the charging light come on when you plug in the USB?
2) are you charging through Windows or Linux? Apparently the USB spec says it is only supposed to supply 100ma unless the driver specifically requests more, and 100ma is not enough to charge unless it is in low power mode. Windows reportedly follows the spec, Linux does not.
As a test, try putting it into mass storage mode. That should convince Windows to give more power, I think.

WizardStan said:
1) does the charging light come on when you plug in the USB?
2) are you charging through Windows or Linux? Apparently the USB spec says it is only supposed to supply 100ma unless the driver specifically requests more, and 100ma is not enough to charge unless it is in low power mode. Windows reportedly follows the spec, Linux does not.
As a test, try putting it into mass storage mode. That should convince Windows to give more power, I think.

The charging light does not come on, and I've tried it on both my linux desktop and windows laptop. As mentioned, the amperage seems to be enough to tell the pandora to boot up, but not enough to actually charge it. Mass storage mode doesn't seem to be working either, neither to charge nor browse files; my Mint desktop doesn't recognize it. Either I have a really messed up cable (not likely, works on coworker's phone) or something in my panda OS is wonky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back