Usb Doesn't Work Anymore

HackModford

:angry: I'm starting to become annoyed with my pandora... but that's part of the relationship right :D

Anyways... usb just plumb stopped working. I get absolutely nothing out of the usb port. tried multiple devices (yes they're 2.0) and get nothing when doing lsusb (sudo lsusb) I've reflashed and that didn't fix the problem... maybe I should reflash with no hotfix? but it was working before when I had the hotfix...

Okay... so I restarted (again) plugged in a device I know works. And bam usb worked for that device. If I unplug it plug something else in usb doesn't work at all.
Is something finicky with the driver?

Okay I confirmed it... I have to restart if I unplug a usb device. (It maybe that it has to be plugged in while restarting I'm gonna check that...)

There was a known hardware bug with the BeagleBoard wherein it was possible to crash the USB host. Like, literally, the chip that does USB would crash and you couldn't bring it back up without cycling the power to the whole system.
MWeston said that they wouldn't be affected by the bug because they were doing something different, but I'm starting to wonder...
The bug caused the USB to randomly crash with certain power spikes, but I discovered I could force it to crash by simply using a USB hub, plugging in a device to the hub, and then disconnecting that device. So long as one device remained on the USB hub, the USB wouldn't crash. As soon as the last device was removed from the hub, it would crash. As a work around, a USB thumb drive is a permanent fixture in my USB hub and my BeagleBoard now has uptime measured in weeks instead of days.
Give that a try as a test: plug something into your hub and then remove it and see if the USB controller crashes, and then try plugging something into the hub and leaving it there while you plug and unplug other devices.

Well as of right now I have a usb hub plugged in with a sd reader and imic plugged in.

I've sucessfully unplugged the sd reader out of the hub and plugged it back in.

But I bet if I unplug the hub from the pandora and put it backin it would fail.

I had to unplug stuff multiple times for the usb to stop working

My Pandora has the same problem only the usb host crashes as soon as I plug my usb hub in. I tried what WizzardStan suggested but it didn't work for me.

This happened to me with my first day with Pandora. Turning off the console completely and then starting it back up again remedied the problem. Thanks WizardStan!

I pluged a different usb hub into my pandora and it worked fine with no issues :D

Back