USB HOST absolutely refuses to work

takato14

Alright. I'm trying to get a USB DAC to work with the Pandora. Its basically an external soundcard without a mic port.

I've tried the HOST port, the OTG port, and plugging it in through a USB hub. OTG doesn't supply enough power, and the DAC uses USB 1.1 so the HOST wouldn't work directly.

Using the hub worked at first. The device was detected in Audacious' output settings and I was able to select it as the output device. However, when selected, it was outputting static. I was trying to troubleshoot this, but the second time I plugged it in, the Pandora wouldn't recognize it. I've tried a keyboard, a mouse, and a game controller as well, none were recognized through the hub or otherwise. I've restarted twice, and "Start USB network on boot" is enabled in the startup options, all to no avail. 

lsusb gives me this:

bus 001 device 001: ID 1d6b:002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
bus 002 device 001: ID 1d6b:002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any ideas? This is exceedingly troublesome for something that really should be plug-n-play, the device uses a generic driver...

Try to shutdown and leave the battery out for some minutes.

But normally the usbport shouldn't crash like this.

Try to shutdown and leave the battery out for some minutes.

But normally the usbport shouldn't crash like this.
I did accidentally remove the DAC while music was playing, one of the ports on the hub is loose. Trying right now.

EDIT: Worked, however I can't use any bit depth higher than 16, which is odd because the DAC supports 24-bit. Not much of an issue but still puzzling.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the usb host got stuck. Good to hear that it works.

Back