Usb Driver Installation Problem

CupOfTea

Still Fresh
Firstly, apologies if this question has already been answered, I looked in the FAQ on this site, and others, and couldn't find anything.

I am trying to install a USB driver for my new GP32. I have downloaded the offical driver from the Gamepark site and also the Firefly alternative. I get the same problem with both which is that XP reports that the driver is not digitally signed and will not install it.

I'm using XP SP2.

Thanks,
Steve.

Hmm, did it refuse to install it? I get that dialog box almost every time I install any USB device/driver .. I just ignore it and install it anyway ...

TelcoLou posted on Dec 15 2004 at 11:51 PM said:
Hmm, did it refuse to install it? I get that dialog box almost every time I install any USB device/driver .. I just ignore it and install it anyway ...

It gave a warning at first. Then, when I click next to install if throws an error with a little link to explain why the driver was not installed.

I tried this several times, hoping that it would just do it anyway. It didn't when I tried to run the GP32 authentication app it came up with "could not access USB".

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Another question: Is this a BLU? If so, you don't ever need to connect your gp32_console if you have a card reader; simply create the folders you need directly onto the SMC, copy all teh apps, ROMS, etc ... and you're good to go.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help (I never got SP2, perhaps that's the trouble ... I'm not sure)

TelcoLou posted on Dec 15 2004 at 11:59 PM said:
Damn. Another question: Is this a BLU? If so, you don't ever need to connect your gp32_console if you have a card reader; simply create the folders you need directly onto the SMC, copy all teh apps, ROMS, etc ... and you're good to go.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help (I never got SP2, perhaps that's the trouble ... I'm not sure)

Any help appreciated! I'm thinking it's probably down to SP2, it would be nice if it just let me go ahead and do it anyway.

I've got an unlit version (I think!). I just got it as an early Chrimbo present from Lik-Sang.

CupOfTea posted on Dec 16 2004 at 12:02 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 15 2004 at 11:59 PM said:

Any help appreciated! I'm thinking it's probably down to SP2, it would be nice if it just let me go ahead and do it anyway.

I've got an unlit version (I think!). I just got it as an early Chrimbo present from Lik-Sang.

AHA!

You can change the Driver options in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Driver Signing

Result.

Back