Usb Host Cable?

beefynerd

Still Fresh
I recently was going to purchase a USB Host cable from ARTaylor, but they are no longer offered on that website. I sent an Email to them but received no response. I am curious if anyone has a suggestion on where to go to purchase one of those USB Host cables? Any help is much appreciated.

Moving this topic from "FAQ" to "I need help", Though may also work in the "Marketplace" too. Decisions, Decisions.

Sorry beefy, Can`t help you on the cable.

Trooper

I really don't know where you can buy one, but they are fairly easy to build. Just a few resistors and capacitors. The directions are on the wiki

i bought a cradle from playasia.com for 50 bucks, and it works as a usb host. i use it quite a lot. mostly to go on the internet with qtopia and an arilink wifi stick

Yeah I've been thinking about picking up one of those cradles. Are they decent for traveling? Hence why I wanted to pickup just a USB host cable...had this idea of purchasing a DigiMate III and using it with the GP2X for when I'm on the go.

well, not really for travelling, you have to have a wall socket and a seperate AC adapter to power the usb host feature. if you can mod the power cord to run off a 4AA battery box, youre good to go. the serial, jtag, and tv out ports use the gp2x power, so no cable is needed except for the usb

legoboy1234 said:
i bought a cradle from playasia.com for 50 bucks, and it works as a usb host. i use it quite a lot. mostly to go on the internet with qtopia and an arilink wifi stick
It's all you need for conecting to the internet? or there is some kind of extra configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
legoboy1234 said:
well, not really for travelling, you have to have a wall socket and a seperate AC adapter to power the usb host feature. if you can mod the power cord to run off a 4AA battery box, youre good to go. the serial, jtag, and tv out ports use the gp2x power, so no cable is needed except for the usb
Hmm...I may just make myself a USB cable instead. Cradle would be great if I'm in one spot for an extended period, but not for on the go... Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back