Usb Host

OmarNawaz

hiya

was wondering if usb host will be possible using the ext port

like could we plugin a usb flash drive and have linux mount it?

i suppose all the apps wil have to have support coded in for it too be useful.

right now we think it might be possible but noone has made drivers or a plug to test it so we might know soon or a long ass time from now lol

Since getting nice sized sd cards, while it is something of a pain to downsize videos so they take up little space, even though I'm using the video playing more than I ever foresaw I am beginning to see USB host as a much smaller deal - and I'm the guy who carries around a 250GB HD on a regular basis.

Technically, nearly anything is possible with the EXT port. That said, even most industrious devs don't necessarily have access to or skills necessary for tinkering with it to produce such a thing.

I'd say roughly even odds on EXT addon and SDIO.

Prothall posted on Dec 27 2005 at 10:47 PM said:
Since getting nice sized sd cards, while it is something of a pain to downsize videos so they take up little space, even though I'm using the video playing more than I ever foresaw I am beginning to see USB host as a much smaller deal - and I'm the guy who carries around a 250GB HD on a regular basis.

Technically, nearly anything is possible with the EXT port. That said, even most industrious devs don't necessarily have access to or skills necessary for tinkering with it to produce such a thing.

I'd say roughly even odds on EXT addon and SDIO.

I dunno about that, toyz 4 boyz.com (AKA nigelibrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/) is making a breakout box and some of the devs seem really stoked to have it.

I personally could use it as a Divx player with my 80GB USB HD.

It would even be nice to see an addon kit with a player that would do DVD .ISO out to the TV and maybe even have a remote :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ooohh cant wait

i hope the devs get this going will be soo cool to get one of those 1.8inch hard drives hooked up thatll shutup my friends with those ipod videos.

in a year gp2x is going to own all handhelds then the sony nintendo try taking gamepark down but then all thegp2x devs will form a l33t sony nintendo hacking squad that will take em down then gamepark will fill the vacum and rulleee the worlldddd MUWHAHHAH

Back