Usb Joysticks

cabala

Still Fresh
Can anyone post a list of usb joysticks that work properly on the gp2x that they have personally used and the emulators they have used them in.

Has anyone tried the x-arcade dual joystick?

Please don't kill this thread!

I have read everything relating to joysticks on these forums and I have personally used three usb joysticks with the gp2X.

The first recognised the analogue controller only when it was pushed to the maximum in any direction but not the digital d-pad on the same controller. The second was an arcade style joystic and six button pad that did not waork at all (not in main menu or any emulator).
Number three was an old PC usb joypad that was the same layout as a megadrive II (saturn) controller with six buttons that when using the serial cable with both the breakout board and cradle (I own both) showed that it did not recognize it as a joystick in MAME GP2X or main menu. (not sure if 3.9 or 4.0).

I own two GP2Xs and am trying to work out if I should hold on to the second for my arcade cabinet (currently running an XBOX that recently died) or switch to a P4 (or AMD) for emulator use for my cabinet. I know the advantages to using a PC but I really want it to boot into MAME as my GP2X does but the only controller I can currently use is my GP2X which is crap for arcade play.

Your first controller sounds more like a problem with the app rather than the controller (the analogue might be coded to only respond when fully pushed, and just because analogue works doesn't automatically mean the app has been coded for digital inputs too). Find out if the app you were trying works like that for other people too.

Second controller might not work because I believe some of those arcade style sticks either need special drivers or actually work as keyboards instead of joysticks.

Don't know about your third one.

Don't know if there's a joytest app around anywhere (which would be the best thing to test with) but I do know that CACK should respond to an average push on analogue (only slight movements are ignored) and digital should work too. I tested it with a dreamcast->usb adapter.

Back