Usb Keyboard Layouts?

kloplop321

Psychotic Trans-dimensional Being
Website
kloplop321.com
Well I know that there will be a QWERTY keyboard physically on the Pandora, however, as I understand the machine will be compatible with most USB devices; anyway, In the custom O/S, can there be an option for peripheral keyboards to be in other layouts, such as Dvorak, or in other languages? I use QWERTY on most devices, but my main computer uses Dvorak on a USB keyboard. I just have a small icon at the bottom of my screen that I can click and it can go to QWERTY mode, or Dvorak so others can use my computer.
I am just requesting that that ability could be implemented ;)
It would be good for people that have international or keyboards of a different layout.
Thank you so far for you great Dev's for creating and soon to be releasing this device :)

I use linux on two of my machines, I know quite a lot about how to use it ;)
I'm just saying to have the ability implemented into the O/S, as It may be considered just a little unneeded thing that could have been tossed out or not put into the source code before compilation.

Actually, it's worth worrying about. I got a fellowes folding pocket keyboard to use with my Zaurus, and if I plugged it into any normal computer it worked fine... on the Z, it showed up as a keyboard but the mapping was ALL screwy and I never did get it working the way it should have.

The GP2X/dock worked fine with it, though, so I'd guess the Pandora shouldn't have too much trouble. But as long as it's recognized right, remapping should be done in user software, I'd think.

don't you mean firmware? as software would be severely limited and would need the drivers with each package.
The hardware does not need that of course if it is going through USB, so as of again, I just want this system ability implemented.

Back