Usb Tv Tuner

Death_Pigeon

Still Fresh
I have a usb tv tuner for my pc any chance it working on the Pandora?
It a by Pinnacle if that matters.

From my own personal experience - have fun compiling them. I haven't tried a pinnacle tuner, but i've used several others, and most of them are a lot of work to get going properly. Sometimes, if you're lucky, it will work out of the box, and not conflict with anything else. But, that hasn't been the case most of the times that I've done it.

I am, however fairly certain that you'll be able to find drivers for it, might need a bit of work to get going on the different architecture though.

Okay thanks for help so do i need to just find the Linux drivers or any other specifications necessary?

Death_Pigeon said:
Okay thanks for help so do i need to just find the Linux drivers or any other specifications necessary?
Drivers probably are going to be handled right. The big gotcha is going to be what type of television that you'll be watching- NTSC/PAL analog should be, in theory, watchable with the apps right now. DVB/ATSC, however present a problem that requires the help of the TI DSP hardware for display of the incoming MPEG-2 stream at proper rates without bogging the rest of the unit down. Given that this is the case, the software out there will need a bit of modification to accomodate this task.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only foreseeable problem with NTSC is the switch next year in the US from NTSC to ATSC. As long as you have the proper drivers and applications, then yes it could and probably should work.

you could boot knoppix on your pc and try if it works there, if it does chances are it will also work on the pandora.
also decoding dvb mpeg2 should be a easy task for the cpu alone, i dont think one would need the hw accerlation for that.

Vimacs said:
you could boot knoppix on your pc and try if it works there, if it does chances are it will also work on the pandora.
Ill try it thanks for the hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back