Using The Cradle...

Wez

Still Fresh
Website
www.randomnessbla.co.uk
I'm new to the GP2x dev'ing scene, but i've got myself a F200 and I'm using it to help me learn more about games programming.
Now i've already done several simple tiny programs for it, but now I'm thinking for in the future, when the time comes, should I get the cradle?
I hear its the only way of getting back telnet since the USB chip was replaced in the F200, and being able to send my apps remotely to my GP2x would save alot of time for when I do more serious developing.

So asking you dev'ers,
Would you recommend me getting the cradle? What other (developing) benefits could I achieve once I have one?

Thanks in advance,
- Wez

the cradle itself is nothing unique. ive got the old BoB and it has everything the cradle has, minus stylishness. as to benefits of any ext port stuff... usb host is a big one, being able to have a usb keyboard hooked up for a terminal right there on the device instead of having to telnet in. and then theres game controllers, which youll probably want to test and debug if you support them in any games or apps you write.

Back