Pandora Using The Pandora As A Ppc Or Umpc

christo930

I would love to see open Zaraus ported to the Pandora. It is the best pocket machine out there that I know of (the c series and the hard disk series (clamshell design, not the palm style). Great interface, great software, active community... With the touch screen and high res design of the Pandora complete with keyboard, the Pandora would make a great PPC or UMPC. The only thing is, is there a battery backup to keep date and time and can you shut the machine off and turn it back on and be in the same place the way you can with a ppc. I wouldn't like to have to boot the machine every time you turn it off. Maybe a hibernation could be implemented, it would be faster than rebooting the OS.

Chris

Search the forums and the Wiki. All of that is answered already. It has a clock, and can both suspend to RAM and hibernate.

Tinnus said:
Search the forums and the Wiki. All of that is answered already. It has a clock, and can both suspend to RAM and hibernate.
I had brought this up once before but I thought the suspend never got mentioned. I usually don't have much success searching the forums. Sorry, I'll try harder next time.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Tinnus said:
I had brought this up once before but I thought the suspend never got mentioned. I usually don't have much success searching the forums. Sorry, I'll try harder next time.

Specifically here and here.

RTC function is mentioned in the FAQ. I should probably add suspend modes as well.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back