Vaper Ware

R

Red Baron

How many here have negotiated to buy something here and the seller then just disappears for no reason after you agreed to pay him,
That has happened a couple of times to me
VAPER WARE
:angry:

Red Baron said:
the seller then just disappears for no reason after you agreed to pay him,

Do you mean after you paid him, or after you AGREED to pay him (but no money actually changed hands).
I've found the latter to be quite common when selling through the internet, I normally just go back to looking for buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
SONY said:
craig said something about vaporware twats?

It has been a while since anyone came to the forum and said the Pandora was vaporware. I miss those days.

craigix said:
SONY said:

It has been a while since anyone came to the forum and said the Pandora was vaporware. I miss those days.

No you don't :lol:
Well, okay. It's fun to vent.

This even is the off-topic forum.

craigix said:
SONY said:

It's only days since I said that the Pandora now classifies as volcanic dustware...it's not vapour exactly but maybe it makes you feel a bit better.

Red Baron said:
How many here have negotiated to buy something here and the seller then just disappears for no reason after you agreed to pay him,
You didn't negotiate to buy anything. You bought, and prepaid a item well knowing it was in development. The concept your presenting would only hold water if the developers up and left with your gold, and left you with nothing.

Red Baron said:
VAPER WARE
Vaporware, twerp.
And your definition of it is wrong to.
"Vaporware is a word used to describe products, usually computer hardware or software, not released on the date announced by their developer, or announced months or years before their release. It usually implies a negative opinion of a product, and uncertainty that it will eventually be released. The word applied to a growing range of products including consumer electronics, automobiles, and some stock trading practices."

B!

Mr B said:
You didn't negotiate to buy anything. You bought, and prepaid a item well knowing it was in development. The concept your presenting would only hold water if the developers up and left with your gold, and left you with nothing.
Maybe he's not complaining about the Pandora this time. Maybe he negotiated for some custom hand crafted Mennonite wood furniture, and after taking his money, they disappeared. Mennonite's are like North American Ninjas, dontcha know.

Mr B said:
Vaporware is a word used to describe products, usually computer hardware or software, not released on the date announced by their developer, or announced months or years before their release.

Pandora has been due "in about 2 months time" since September 2008.

Back "OT"(or close).
Baron: I attempted to buy an N900 from Sydney (eBay).
Submitted an offer, he said if I pay via direct deposit he'll accept.
I denied. Seems wrong. No actual images, I offered less than a bad condition used N900 would cost (this one was new).
About a month later (2 days ago) I got an email from ebay concerning this seller.

Pretty much telling me not to pay and if I did, I should contact ebay/paypal ASAP..

Freakin' scammers! Praying on the ignorent!

kingoddball said:
Back "OT"(or close).
Baron: I attempted to buy an N900 from Sydney (eBay).
Submitted an offer, he said if I pay via direct deposit he'll accept.
I denied. Seems wrong. No actual images, I offered less than a bad condition used N900 would cost (this one was new).
About a month later (2 days ago) I got an email from ebay concerning this seller.

Pretty much telling me not to pay and if I did, I should contact ebay/paypal ASAP..

Freakin' scammers! Praying on the ignorent!

Why did you offer less than the phone was worth? Seems kind of counter productive...

Not really.
There is not a big market in Australia, yet.
I offered $500AUD. (used is about $550 [US/UK eBay for my reference], but new [on eBay] is only $650).

He jumped on that offer within minutes...

Back