GP32 Vba Source Sdl And Devkitadv

pcklee123

Can ayone tell me what these error messages mean?
arm-agb-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm9tdmi -mtune=arm9tdmi -fexpensive-optimizations -mapcs -O3 -mstructure-size-boundary=8 -mno-th
umb-interwork -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-exceptions -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fshort-enums -ffast-math
-fshort-double -fallow-single-precision -ffreestanding -Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/gp32 -Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-e
lf/include -c gpmain.c
In file included from c:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/SDL/SDL.h:34,
from gpmain.c:2:
c:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/SDL/SDL_types.h:101: size of array `SDL_dummy_enum' is negative
In file included from gba.h:137,
from gpmain.c:4:
flash.h:25: two or more data types in declaration of `type name'
flash.h:27: two or more data types in declaration of `type name'
make: *** [gpmain.o] Error 1

arm-agb-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm9tdmi -mtune=arm9tdmi -fexpensive-optimizations -mapcs -O3 -mstructure-size-boundary=8 -mno-th
umb-interwork -fno-builtin -fno-common -fno-exceptions -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fshort-enums -ffast-math
-fshort-double -fallow-single-precision -ffreestanding -Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/gp32 -Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-e
lf/include -c gpmain.c

// CPU optimization
-mcpu=arm9tdmi -mtune=arm9tdmi -fexpensive-optimizations -mapcs -O3 -mstructure-size-boundary=8 -mno-th
-fshort-double -fallow-single-precision -ffreestanding

// Search for headerfiles in these directorys *.h
-Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/gp32 -Ic:/devkitadv/arm-agb-e
lf/include

// compile gpmain.c and output gpmain.o
-c gpmain.c

// In gpmain.c row 2, is a include #include SDL.h
// in SDL.h row 34, is a unsigned array defined.
// Look to gba.h row 137, look whats there ? ( #include flash.h??)
// flash.h row 25/27 HERE are the errors, post this line, and
the line 27

In file included from c:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/SDL/SDL.h:34,
from gpmain.c:2:
c:/devkitadv/arm-agb-elf/include/SDL/SDL_types.h:101: size of array `SDL_dummy_enum' is negative
In file included from gba.h:137,
from gpmain.c:4:
flash.h:25: two or more data types in declaration of `type name'
flash.h:27: two or more data types in declaration of `type name'
make: *** [gpmain.o] Error 1

BTW, you are using a very old gcc compiler, couse the new ones say before every line, if it is a warning or an error. use the -w or -Wall switch to figure it better out.

Thanks. I managed to figure out that the -fshort enums was making the error

and in flash.h byte is used as a variable but it is also a type representing 8 bits

After fixing this and other problems, I get to the end and there are many linker problems regarding hard-float and soft-float. (There were also many problems with interworking but these were warnings so Iguess its OK)It looks like the libraries I got from the web were compiled with hard-float and the compiler I got (devkitadv 5 beta) makes only soft float(makes no difference if I have specified -mhard-float in the makefile)

Back