Release VDrift

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is VDrift, an OpenSource racing game with lots of circuits and cars.
preview01.png

Game use gl4es and speed is quite good. Some circuits are huge (like LeMans) and can lower fps significantly. But most circuits are fine, with fps at 30+ with default settings. Beware that the dbp is quite large at 1.5GB.

History log
=========

Build 01
-----------

• Initial build

Hui: 1,5 gb, but as my Pyra 2 SD Card is 400gig Anyway, its not that dramatic..

Seems like there is a lot to do for me, even if i cant make a Video on Doom3 (because the lack of my Game DVD)..

It doesnt seem to fully download... I get a "network error" both in chrome on my pc and in firefox on the pyra.
Post automatically merged:

hmm I guess ~10 times is a charm.. did download now.

Hi all,

@ptitSeb : thank you very much for porting VDrift to the Pyra :) I see this game demands libcurl, libbullet and libglew to work. What are the pros and cons of asking the user to manually install those libs compared to bundling them inside the DBP ?

EDIT: the game runs perfectly on the Pyra, thanks again !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Hi all,

@ptitSeb : thank you very much for porting VDrift to the Pyra :) I see this game demands libcurl, libbullet and libglew to work. What are the pros and cons of asking the user to manually install those libs compared to bundling them inside the DBP ?

EDIT: the game runs perfectly on the Pyra, thanks again !

Cheers, Magic Sam
Because I have "sudo apt install libXXX-dev" to build the thing, so I need to use the system lib.

I tried to install it but it hangs. I installed the two libraries I was lacking. But it hangs and i need to restart the pyra. Any idea on how to debug this? I’m new to dbp packages

I tried to install it but it hangs. I installed the two libraries I was lacking. But it hangs and i need to restart the pyra. Any idea on how to debug this? I’m new to dbp packages
You can run this
Code:
dbp-run --chrdir vdrift vdrift.sh
from a terminal to have all detail (or prefix with DISPLAY=:0 if launching from an ssh session)

I had big problems using exfat sd cards, for the more heavy games, what filesystem did you use?

(This game has another problem for me so I cant test)
My fs is exfat. I can format another sd card, which fs is best for dbp packages? Can I have dbps in more than one sd card?

You can run this
Code:
dbp-run --chrdir vdrift vdrift.sh
from a terminal to have all detail (or prefix with DISPLAY=:0 if launching from an ssh session)
Only small error is Failed to load ... VDrift.config.backup, I think it is a filesystem type problem

My fs is exfat. I can format another sd card, which fs is best for dbp packages? Can I have dbps in more than one sd card?

Only small error is Failed to load ... VDrift.config.backup, I think it is a filesystem type problem
Is there a wiki/manual for dbp? I can’t find the page I used to set up the dbp sd card some months ago

Not sure were the wiki is.

you need to create "dragonbox/appdata" and "dragronbox/packages" folder at the root of your sdcard (beware of the permissions), and put the dbp inside package for automatic discovery

I use ext4

Back