Vertical bar of "stuck" pixels

omega-weapon

Hi there, I have started to encounter this problem with my Pandora. It was 2 days ago, I had it on sleep, turned it on, and started up an emulator (GBA.emu) and started playing a game. As I was playing, a black bar appeared on the right side of the screen. It didn't go away, and just assumed it was a bug in the emulator, quit out of it and it is still there, no matter what I go on to.

I rebooted, and it seemed to have gone, then all of a sudden it just appears again.

It is usually black, but when the screen is mainly black itself, it becomes a white line.

I have attached some pictures so you can see.

2013-08-06 20.31.45.jpg

2013-08-06 20.33.02.jpg

2013-08-06 20.35.39.jpg

2013-08-06 20.38.04.jpg

Does anybody have any idea? I haven't tried reflashing yet, and I haven't tried taking it apart either, but I'd like to know if anyone has an idea as to whether it is software or hardware related.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like the LCD has a failure here.

It seems we need to replace it.

How old is your Pandora, is it still under warranty?

I got it in November last year, so I assume it is?

Shame to hear that it's the LCD. Was hoping someone would say it was a software bug. Oh well.

What's the next step I should take to sending it to you ED?

Read, and follow this guide. That should see you right.
Sorry about not replying to this thread for a couple of days. Been busy with all sorts of stuff.

I have looked over that article, however I don't see anywhere the address I need to send it to. I have the form and a note written, so it's basically ready to go, just need the address now.

Thanks in advance.

Back