Very Noob Question About The Lcd Tweaker

stepp

Ive installed this, but what settings do i change? obviously i know you can increase the cpu speed but what settings do i adjust to get rid of the scanlines?

i see someone say 8890@200mhz......where the hell do you input the 8890??

Also when you set the correct setting does it auto load when you turn off and on the gp2x?

cheers

Use the volume +/- bttons to input the 8890.
The setting are not loaded when you reboot the unit, because (if i am right), this tweaker just changes some adress but doesn't change anything in the firmware, as most of the gams don't change those adress, the settings will be kept as long as you dont reboot the GP2X.

edit : for me (firmware 1.0.1), 8900 is the best, but the gamma is a little higher

Does anyone else not notice any scan lines at all on their unit -- no matter how hard I look the screen is fine. Incidentally, if I change these settings I see no difference either.
BTW I am not blind.

Edit: grammar

I didnt notice it at first but now i think the screen is a little pants with the wavey lines across it.

Will this screen address be sorted in the next firmware?

greven posted on Dec 15 2005 at 08:37 PM said:
The setting are not loaded when you reboot the unit, because (if i am right), this tweaker just changes some adress but doesn't change anything in the firmware, as most of the gams don't change those adress, the settings will be kept as long as you dont reboot the GP2X.

Of course, if you want the changes to be permanent, you could alway write a script which calls the lcd tweaker thing at boot time, IIRC, it takes command line arguments and doesn't start up the gui when it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the next FW upgrade will fix these issues ...

EvilDragon sent the settings to GPH, and they seemed to have applied them in the FW upgrade.

Back