Release Vice C64 Emulator 2.3.23

After I run Vice-x64 appears some kind of "refresh lines" (maybe related to vsync ?) that remains there even when I exit the program.

That's the LCD running in 50Hz mode... it always has these in this case.

The current version doesn't swtch back on exit.

Thanks, ED, for the sound settings tip. Your buffer / freq / etc settings sorted me out, my VICE runs nice and smooth now!

-James.

Hi all,

Just tried this but when I start Vice the display appears very small in the middle of the screen. It is about a 1/3 of the size it should be, like it is running windowed. The rest of the screen around the Commodore blue screen is black.

I deleted all the .vice directories so that I am not using the old configs from previous versiosn of Vice.

Any ideas?

:)

What OS version are you on?

VICE uses notaz' SDL for stretching, but that wasn't included in earlier versions of the OS, so maybe that's a fallback?

Hi ED,

I'm on Release 1.5 Super Zaxxon, Kernel 3.2 I think this is latest. I have been out of the loop a bit as I have had some personal stuff to deal with (postive and negative!). Is there another update I am missing?

I managed to resolve the issue by setting the following in Vice -

Video Settings - Size Settings.

Double Screen - on

Double Scan - on

Fullscreen - on

Fullscreen mode

Automatic - on

Custom Resolution

Width - 320

Height - 200

Resolution Limit Mode

Off

Hope that helps if anyone else is having the same issue :)

Im going to include changes:

Rate: 22050

Buffer Size: 120

Fragment Size: Large

But what does Fragment Size: Large actually mean for the config file, seems it should be a number

OK, I have just been playing with v3 of Vice, how do I set up the controls, tried setting the joystick option, no luck there ?

Try swapping joysticks (there's an option) so that joystick 1 == joystick 2 and vice-versa. Some one-player games used port 1 and some used port 2.

Try swapping joysticks (there's an option) so that joystick 1 == joystick 2 and vice-versa. Some one-player games used port 1 and some used port 2.

That did the trick, thanks, I was not a C64 gamer wayback, I come up through the home Pong machine, Atari 2600, Intellevision, Spectrum, Amiga Route, with

am Amstrad computer thrown in somewhere along the line, never did work out why :/

Saying that there is a C64 in a cupboard somewhere, it was only ever used to take games off of those big was it 5 inch floppy discs onto tapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen the arrow and i think it only appeared when the fullscreen option was not set. Default settings should not have the arrow unless hardware scaling isnt working right

Im going to include changes:

Rate: 22050

Buffer Size: 120

Fragment Size: Large

But what does Fragment Size: Large actually mean for the config file, seems it should be a number

I think it's 2, but you can simply find it out if you change it in the emulator and then save the config.

Ive seen the arrow and i think it only appeared when the fullscreen option was not set. Default settings should not have the arrow unless hardware scaling isnt working right

Correct.. Because It wasn`t running in a window.. I thought i had full screen enabled... but... it wasn`t :) fullscreen and no pointer!

Thanks Pickle..

You working on an update?? ;)

I can't type any numbers within the emulator-menu, for example when trying to adjust the soundbuffer-value. Within the emulated c64-environment they do work though.

When I change the display to fullscreen, the point disappears but also so does the c64 screen borders, the emulation doesnt feel the same with it!!

Back