Release XFellow (Amiga OCS/ECS) emulator

Worfje

Still Fresh
Dear all,

I uploaded XFellow to the Pandora repository.

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=xfellow

The source can be found here (it is not yet updated for this release):

http://sourceforge.n...ts/crossfellow/

It is still in alpha phase and it misses a GUI that allows you to change configuration when the emulation is running.

Still, it shows the potential of XFellow on the Pandora.

Features of XFellow are:

• running at 50 fps (most of the time) at 800x480 resolution without any hardware scaling (no interpolated pixel, but exact pixel scaling)
  • emulation of OCS/ECS chipset (so no AGA support yet)
  • allowing disk swaps by pressing F11 during emulation

Missing features:

• a GUI for changing configuration during emulation
  • vsync enabled + double buffered graphics
  • running at 50 fps always (at 800 MHz)
  • exploiting the SDL omapdss driver (now using 'standard' x11)

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff, just gave it a whirl with Turrican II, not too shabby at all :)

Really looking forward to seeing this progress.

Great, can't wait to try this, thank you so much for your work on this and keeping the beloved miggy alive.

Will report back once I have given a good thrashing :)

Cheers

Simon

Just used this to play Crackdown which doesnt play properly on Uae4all, I also played Escape from the planet of the robot monsters, very nice to have an alternative emu. Hopefully they will continue to support this emu.

There's i think 3 or four amiga emulators ported to the pandora now. Not much work done on any except for uae 4all 2.0

This emulator runs very good, and simple to set up despite the lack of a gui.

I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

- Some PAL games will have a part of the lower screen outside the physical screen. Is there a way to scale the display to fit the screen?

- I was testing The Settlers, and it ran fine. But I couldnt find a way to insert the right+left simultanious mouseclick. Is there a way to do this, or perhaps a way to set up the right nub UP to do this?

- Since there is no GUI, I was planning to make .wfc scripts for each game. And then have some other scripts that copies the game script to default.wfc before launching xfellow.pnd with the pnd_run command.

Or perhaps there is an easier way to do this?

Back