Video Convertion Guide

Squiike

Still Fresh
Hi!

I can not find a good guide here to convert video's to the Caanoo.

I have tried to get a vid down to 320 x 240 or what it was, but it still lagged, hard.
I'm using the video app, but both app and console player laggs.

It would be nice if there was a guide that showed the best convertion for the system. It doesnt matter much what program you are using.
As a pirate of the cyber seas, it is possible to dig up alot of good programs. And hopefully the one you are using.

hmm, not sure most videos i play work pretty good on the caanoo..

I can´t seem to play mkvs not even with the other players.

But one good program you could use is VIRTUAL DUB
But you would have to research the best caanoo format and set up a convertion scheme there, I guess you can also batch things.
http://www.virtualdub.org

Here's what Wikipedia says:

Container files: AVI
Video formats: DivX, XviD, MPEG4
Audio formats: MP3, WAV
Maximum Resolution: 640×480 pixel
Maximum Frame Rate: 30 frame/s
Maximum Video Bitrate: 2500kbit/s
Maximum Audio Bitrate: 384kbit/s
Captions: SMI

You can use a program like Super (it's freeware) to convert the files. It needs some time to get used to, but the results are fine and you can set everything you need (Video Bitrate, etc.). I'd recommend to set the resolution to 320*240 and the Audio Bitrate doesn't have to be higher than 128 or 192 kbit/s. Get a small video file, convert it to AVI -> MPEG4 (or DivX, XviD, but I don't know which version is supported by the Caanoo, probably not the latest ones) with different Video Bitrates up to 2500kbit/s and see which result is the best without lagging on the Caanoo.

In my oppinion its totaly tricky to convert Videos for the Caanoo... so i taked my Time to create a Profile that makes it easy Converting Videos for youre Caanoo.. i Decided to use Xmedia Recode as Super doesnt seem to be very trustfull.. I had somewhere a Profile for Super aswell.. if anyone is interested i take a look if i still got it somewhere.

XMedia Recode: http://www112.zippyshare.com/v/1bcCmARK/file.html

Back