Video Files Don't Show Up :(

gamer2x

Still Fresh
Hi, I recently got a 2x and am having a problem getting vids to play on it. I have a selection of different file types (all compatible) in the video folder on my SD. When I try to view them ni the 2x they are nowhere to be seen...

...what am I doing wrong?

gamer2x posted on Oct 15 2006 at 12:28 PM said:
Hi, I recently got a 2x and am having a problem getting vids to play on it. I have a selection of different file types (all compatible) in the video folder on my SD. When I try to view them ni the 2x they are nowhere to be seen...

...what am I doing wrong?

What kind of video files are they?

Do they have an avi extension? are they divx or xvid? anything else will not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
gamer2x posted on Oct 15 2006 at 01:28 PM said:
I have a selection of different file types (all compatible)

AFAIK the video player doesn't play 'a selection of different filetypes', just divX or Xvid in an avi container... despite some of the adverts stating mpeg etc...

mrsnature posted on Oct 15 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
AFAIK the video player doesn't play 'a selection of different filetypes', just divX or Xvid in an avi container... despite some of the adverts stating mpeg etc...
That sucks. One of the features that sold the 2x to me was the ability to easilly transfer video without conversion

Can you please explain to me what it is that I have to do then? Cheers

gamer2x posted on Oct 15 2006 at 11:12 PM said:
mrsnature posted on Oct 15 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
That sucks. One of the features that sold the 2x to me was the ability to easilly transfer video without conversion

Can you please explain to me what it is that I have to do then? Cheers

Not to sound sarcastic, But it would help if you gave a bit of information on the format of the video files you want to play on the GP2x.

Btw, There is currently not a portable media player that supports every media file format out there yet, Except maybe some pocketpc`s and mobile computers, Well not for £130 anyway. Even my £500 Archos AV500 needs certain media files converted before it will even touch them, Limited WMV support, No mpeg1 or 2 support, And even supposedly supported xvid and divx files crap out on the AV500.

Trooper

Back