Video Formats Supported?

admmelonhead

Still Fresh
I can't manage to work videos on the caanoo. I've tried mpeg, mp4 and all sorts of formats. I've just been putting the files right in the movie directory; does it need an .ini file or something? Does it need to be zipped? What format does it need and how do I convert to it?

Helpful, but I set everything under the max specs as a .mp4 and the caanoo still couldn't see it. It can't seem to convert to those other weird filetypes either.

adm.melonhead said:
Helpful, but I set everything under the max specs as a .mp4 and the caanoo still couldn't see it. It can't seem to convert to those other weird filetypes either.
Try using WinFF to convert it to MS-Compatible AVI. It should work; it worked for me. You could also try converting it to XviD AVI. WinFF is cross-platform, so it works on both Linux and Windows. You also might want to set the dimensions to 320x240 so the video player doesn't have to scale it down. I've noticed a checkered pattern when the player has to scale down videos.

Edit: WinFF doesn't support subtitles IIRC. If you need subtitles, run it through mencoder with these options:
mencoder video.avi -oac lavc -ovc lavc -sub subtitles.ssa -o video_2.avi

In Windows, I think you have to download mencoder, open the command line to the folder mencoder is in, and run the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back