Video Playback Freezes After Fast Forward Or Reverse

yaconsult

Still Fresh
I'm a new GP2X owner but I have lots of unix experience. I'm having fun playing with this little guy so far but have noticed a most annoying problem. The first videos I've tried playing on it are xvid from the revision3.com website. They play great! But... if I try moving fast-forward or reverse, the video freezes. As I've seen in other threads while searching, the playback control buttons still come up and I can go back to the GP2X menus, so the GP2X itself is not frozen - the player is. I've experimented with some other players, but the same thing seems to happen. In my searching, I saw some mention of video playback problems, so is this a well-know bug/feature?

I'm running the latest firmware 2.1.1. I believe I saw some discussion somewhere that there were some new video playback problems with this version?

Here's a sample of the kind of videos I'm trying to fast-forward and reverse in from revision3.com:
http://videos.revision3.com/diggnation/005...-small.xvid.avi
Does it freeze for everyone else when you skip forward and back in it?

Thanks!

I get this happen to me as well, its so annoying I don't really use my 2x for videos.

I don't think there's a problem with the hardware as all games and emus work fine, I perhaps think the videos I'm trying are perhaps not the best format for the GP2x to handle - they're various types of avi/divx torrent files. Or am I wrong - should they not freeze up as well?

i have lots of music-clips on my unit, and it often crashes when skipping one video fowards or backwards via shoulderbuttons L and R. videoplayer was much more stable with fw. 2.00.....

Shikaku posted on Dec 4 2006 at 02:08 AM said:
??? I haven't crashed yet on 2.1.1...
I'm also running 2.1.1. Can you fast-forward to skip ahead and then continue playing?

Are you using the built-in player? If not, which one are you using?

Can you try playing the video I linked in my original post and tell me if you can fast-forward and then continue to play?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back