Virtualdub Codec Confusion

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Website
Visit site
I´ve some problems with a certain video in Virtualdub. Its encoded in XviD and if i play it back in Vdub, only every third frame is displayed, but this frame three times in a row! So, if i watch the video, it stutters horrible, same thing when i try to encode it.
I´ve searched the web for solutions, and found out that the problem is the outdated version of XviD i use (from 2002, although i am sure to have had it updated... :wacko: ). I tried to install the latest version of koepi´s binaries, but Virtualdub still uses the 2002 version as decoder. :( So i tried uninstalling the old XviD version in the XP system settings menu, but it always reappeared if i reopened that menu, and Virtualdub still uses the old codec, although the new one is installed properly, since other players have no problem with the playback.

Any suggestions on how to convince Virtualdub to use the new codec, or how to remove the old Xvid codec?

Fishbong posted on Oct 1 2005 at 06:03 PM said:
I´ve some problems with a certain video in Virtualdub. Its encoded in XviD and if i play it back in Vdub, only every third frame is displayed, but this frame three times in a row! So, if i watch the video, it stutters horrible, same thing when i try to encode it.
I´ve searched the web for solutions, and found out that the problem is the outdated version of XviD i use (from 2002, although i am sure to have had it updated... :wacko: ). I tried to install the latest version of koepi´s binaries, but Virtualdub still uses the 2002 version as decoder. :( So i tried uninstalling the old XviD version in the XP system settings menu, but it always reappeared if i reopened that menu, and Virtualdub still uses the old codec, although the new one is installed properly, since other players have no problem with the playback.

Any suggestions on how to convince Virtualdub to use the new codec, or how to remove the old Xvid codec?
Manually delete the old xvid files?

Last edited by a moderator:
DemonStar55 posted on Oct 1 2005 at 05:15 PM said:
uninstall restart computer ect

or uninstall virturaldub and restart the computer to make sure it's not using any file and reinstall?
Tried both options, but no success

Hanz™ posted on Oct 1 2005 at 05:56 PM said:
Manually delete the old xvid files?
Where are they located normally?

EDIT: OK, i found an Xvid uninstaller on my harddrive, hope Vdub will recognise the newer codec now.

EDIT 2: Nope. Darn. But maybe when i insall the new one again and reboot?

EDIT 3: Yes! The vid shows up ok now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back