VNS Engine

NiN^_^NiN

YOUR AUSSIE GP32 GURU!!!!!!!!&#3
Website
ninja.doomportables.org
Taken from my email with Virtualeech Please remember i have nothing to do with this :)

Hi,

Well I am glad to tell the first public version of VNS is out. I managed
to free up some webspace and it can be found at
http://members.chello.nl/ffabe/programs/vnsinstall.zip . It is okay to
link to this file from gp32x. If you also want to split it up to put it
on the gp32x download area that is fine with me.

To install VNS just unzip the whole vnsinstall.zip to the gpmm dir on
the GP32 leaving the directory structure of the zipfile intact. More
info can be found in vnsguide.htm in vnsinstall.zip. The vnsinstall.zip
file contains the program (vns.fxe), the manual (vnsguide.htm) and 6
demo stories/"games" to show of some of the possibilities.

If you want to write your own stories a good starting point is trying to
alter the supplied demos and see what happens.
Also keep in mind that this is the first public release and most of the
work (concept/writing/testing/debugging) was done by one person. So if
you have any bugs, suggestions, tips, additions, new features etc.
please mail them to VirtuaLeech@jpopmail.com or contact me through the
gp32x board.

Frank aka. VirtuaLeech

Also my demo story will be released in a few days hopefully but enjoy the examples :)

Btw this is very easy for any1 to code a story so please check it out

:ph34r:

Very slick so far. Being that I cant code at all, here is a basic comfortable programing interface. I wonder if one could ever incorporate some kind of video clip playback (just an idea). Yknow, click button, video clip plays instead of just a still frame. That way people could make little animations with after effects or even shoot videos to use.

I'll definently be coding for this. Thanks.

Glad you like it. Animation support is planned for a future release. I'll keep in mind that it would indeed be nice if animation support could also be used to play back short (maybe not full screen) video clips.

OK, I've uploaded to GP32x as well, split up into multiple files. The VNS directory should be copied into the GPMM directory on the GP32 after extracting the various demo zips. Note that you should not extract the zip files contained within the zip files, since those are the resources for the DEMOs and are suppose to remain zipped (VNS has zip support).

I'd like to thank VirtuaLeech for this. As I thought, this is indeed good news to the community. The engine itself is spot on as well - good show.

VNS Engine

DEMO1

DEMO2

DEMO3 (File 1 of 2)

DEMO3 (File 2 of 2)

DEMO4

DEMO5

DEMO6

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work Virtualeech altho i have been using this for awhile i must say i really like the new version :)

congrats :) hope people actually use this cause its a great tool :)

Also video playback is easy you can just use FLC it would interface easily with VNS and the mod thats playing can still play through the video :)

altho FLC and FLI animations are some what big when it comes making them but there not to bad it would easily fit on a smc just downloading it might take a while so short videos would be great :) but i like what i got :D

Hmm, on gp32spain.com there is already a discussion that with VNS we will now finally see Hentai (and even harder) on the GP32. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to come up with that idea ;)

@NiN^_^NiN: Someone even mentioned that maybe we will now see classics like paradise heights on the GP32 :rolleyes:

I can't seem to get this working :(
I've unziped the files into gpmm. In gpmm theres a directory called vns, with the demo files in that.
When I try to load the screen goes blank.
I've tried waiting (how long does it take!)
I've been trying to load it in pacrom and windups.

Any ideas guys?

btw already tried new batts ;)

Hi, does the VNS directory also contains the sub directories demo1 demo2 etc. Because for now these need to be there even if they are empty.

I myself use the original GP32 rom. I have never tested with Pacrom or something similair. Anybody else who uses PacRom or Windups got the same problem?

Yea the directorys are there.

demo 1 has 8 files in it
demo 2 just has a txt file
demo 3 has 15 files in it
demo 4 has 1 sef file
demo 5 has 1 sef file and
demo 6 has 1 txt file.

this is right yea?

also in vns theres

demo 2, 4, 5, 6 zips and demo 1 - 6 .vns.

Yea the directorys are there.

demo 1 has 8 files in it
demo 2 just has a txt file
demo 3 has 15 files in it
demo 4 has 1 sef file
demo 5 has 1 sef file and
demo 6 has 1 txt file.

this is right yea?

also in vns theres

demo 2, 4, 5, 6 zips and demo 1 - 6 .vns.
Your directory structure seems ok.
Does VNS startup at all, or does it already hang before the titlescreen shows up? If it does start up does it hang on all demos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am using Mr. Spiv's latest b2fxec to compress the FXE file. Maybe it's having trouble uncompressing.

If you PM me I'll send you an uncompressed FXE file.

You need new batteries the same thing happened to me and im using eurofw

Also Virtualeech i can't post Paradise heights as i dont have permission fro graphics i was gonna release it but then some1 flamed me <_<

so to keep this board out of trouble i wont release it so no hentai :(

Back