Release Vvvvvv

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
pickle.gp2x.de/vvvvvv.pnd

VVVVVV PC versions come with a folder called data, this folder should be copied to the appdata folder which should be something like /media/mysdcard/pandora/appdata/vvvvvv

Either create the folder or run the pnd once, then copy the data over.

Once the data is present you should just need to run the game.

Note: Previous users dont need to change anything, just get the pnd and play.

Home/Pageup are mapped to Action
End/Pagedown are mapped to Enter (map)

Edit: current pnd has a bug with the hidden folder .vvvvvv, either wait for the updated pnd or create this folder yourself in the appdata folder.

Pickle said:
pickle.gp2x.de/vvvvvv.pnd

VVVVVV PC versions come with a folder called data, this folder should be copied to the appdata folder which should be something like /media/mysdcard/pandora/appdata/vvvvvv

Either create the folder or run the pnd once, then copy the data over.

Once the data is present you should just need to run the game.

Note: Previous users dont need to change anything, just get the pnd and play.

Home/Pageup are mapped to Action
End/Pagedown are mapped to Enter (map)

Awesome! Can't wait to try this, thanks for the port Pickle!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle, would the gp2x systems have limitation issues with VVVVVV? Just curious.

SML said:
Pickle, would the gp2x systems have limitation issues with VVVVVV? Just curious.

If I am remembering correctly the hw accel SDL has 32 bpp support, so I am hoping that makes up the difference for the low system performance.

Here's hoping this will run well enough on the GPH consoles. Sucks missing out on the awsome releases you do for the Pandora. I have an off topic question though, I seem to remember you stating that you had Vektar running on the Wiz/Caanoo when you were doing the Pandora port. What happened with that, Craig didn't give permission for those ports? Sorry for the derail, I was just curious about that.

Orion4874 said:
Here's hoping this will run well enough on the GPH consoles. Sucks missing out on the awsome releases you do for the Pandora. I have an off topic question though, I seem to remember you stating that you had Vektar running on the Wiz/Caanoo when you were doing the Pandora port. What happened with that, Craig didn't give permission for those ports? Sorry for the derail, I was just curious about that.

actually i do have wiz/caanoo builds i think they might have had a minor bug or two, id like to get them released.

Pickle said:
Orion4874 said:

actually i do have wiz/caanoo builds i think they might have had a minor bug or two, id like to get them released.

GP2X F-100? :D or is that too much work...

hitbyambulance said:
Pickle said:
Orion4874 said:

GP2X F-100? :D or is that too much work...

Thats what the original game was released on so i really dont see the point. My changes were mainly to add an SDL backend and convert any incompatible gp2x code to compatible code.

BAFelton said:
Some news about the Caanoo version ?

Not really other than its going to be more work than i expected, and thats if it works. I need to simulate a 32 bpp screen with a normal sw surface, then convert that image over onto a real 16 bpp surface. Im also worried that the wiz/caanoo might not have the power to handle the alpha operations.

Back