Wait What?

I've never had a problem with USPS, UPS or FedEx. However, UPS and FedEx have ridiculous prices so I never bother with them.

Actually I did have a problem with UPS once. I was waiting on a CPU and motherboard. It was supposed to be delivered on a Saturday, but they didn't deliver it because some elevator was broken and they didn't want to walk up the stairs. I had to wait 2 or 3 more days.

USPS has worked plenty fine. Sorry to hear Royal Mail is so bad.

Gruso said:
Heh. Never had a problem here either, Australia Post is pretty good I guess. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave packages on the doorstep, but they do it all by the book.

I think that depends on your delivery guy. I used to have packages left at my door all the time at my old apartment, but at my current one I only get notifications.

Still, it's better than the delivery guy at my parents house - he never seemed to deliver packages OR notifications, and we'd only know when the last chance notification turned up a week later. Found out eventually he was delivering to a completely wrong address - and this was in normal suburbia! No tricky streets or house numbering but he got it consistently wrong EVERY TIME. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow-Okami said:
Someone should make a documentary on this whole process once this is done. With all the ridiculous things that have hindered the project it is sure to win documentary of the year!

Or not.

I'm planning on making a Mega Man/Strider Hiryu clone where you play as Craig and/or ED.
The player will have to travel to various corners of the globe, battling bloodthirsty
Chinese assassins, nay-saying Engadget bloggers and forum trolls, and eventually a
volcano, while securing manufacturing deals and collecting the parts for the Pandora.
Expect MWeston for a cameo as Dr. Light and perhaps a bonus stage with MFK.

pelrun said:
Gruso said:
Heh. Never had a problem here either, Australia Post is pretty good I guess. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave packages on the doorstep, but they do it all by the book.

I think that depends on your delivery guy. I used to have packages left at my door all the time at my old apartment, but at my current one I only get notifications.

Still, it's better than the delivery guy at my parents house - he never seemed to deliver packages OR notifications, and we'd only know when the last chance notification turned up a week later. Found out eventually he was delivering to a completely wrong address - and this was in normal suburbia! No tricky streets or house numbering but he got it consistently wrong EVERY TIME. :(
Canada post is great
We have a shared package box at the communal mailbox and you get a key for it if you have a package in it..
any package that is too big, if you are not home you gotta get it from the nearest post office.
if you are getting something from a courier, on the other hand, unless you can sit around at home all day waiting for it, your pretty screwed.. They basically go to your house at some undisclosed (but only during the hours you are at work) time, leave a note then take the package away to some other city (if they don't have a warehouse in your town), then do the same thing a couple more times. I don't understand why anyone would want to use one for regular packages (or course palettes are a different story)

TLJRyan said:
UPS is shit. One time they hid my package in my neighbor's bush. It took me days to find it, as there was already a bunch of junk in there so it was hard to see my package.
Did... did you write that on purpose?

Wheels said:
TLJRyan said:
UPS is shit. One time they hid my package in my neighbor's bush. It took me days to find it, as there was already a bunch of junk in there so it was hard to see my package.

:lol:

I would have totally just grabbed a box

*looks left* *looks right* *no one there* "neat! Free boxes!"

pelrun said:
Gruso said:

Don't be angry but this is what came to mind when I thought of Australian mail errors...
isuzu_challenge_aboriginy.jpg

Wheels said:
TLJRyan said:

Too F'in Funny especially half awake at 4:30 AM :lol: (Wife and I camping out in living room with 5 year old, I nearly burst out and woke them!) I guess "dirty humor" is much funnier when you are barely awake.

Attachments

• isuzu_challenge_aboriginy.jpg
    isuzu_challenge_aboriginy.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 90
This is why I said I wanted my order delivered by Royal Mail still and not by UPS. I have never had a good experience with them and we never use them at work. Always go with TNT no matter where we are shipping... unless we need something to be where it needs to get at the weekend because it's expensive.

UPS (Unbelievably Poor Service)

I ordered something from Liverpool (Worms World Party) 2 years back and got it with UPS, and thankfully my package was unscathed. However, I ordered an Acekard 2 and got it from UPS 6 months later and the thing arrived broken.

Any one know how our Pandas are getting shipped to us?

I've just used UPS twice, first to get my Resistance 2 Collectors Edition from the states since I'd get it a month earlier and the CE didn't come to Europe due to localization costs of extra content (I'm looking at you, France!), and second time to get my Das Keyboard Ultimate from Germany. Both times worked out pretty well for me.

Whatever. The boards arrived and you got everything in order. This is good news. UPS probably have 'do not leave on truck' policies in order for their drivers, as I am positive the Volcano has filled all UPS shipping centers to capacity, and they .. therefore .. gotta deliver.

Namo said:
Any one know how our Pandas are getting shipped to us?

Depends on how you ordered. If you did standard air mail, it'll be handled by whatever your country's standard postal service is. If you're in the US, it's USPS.

If you paid extra for shipping (standard was $25, UPS was...maybe $45?), you get UPS.

TNT Post here in The Netherlands is always pretty awesome. I know almost every person who works for them in our neighborhood. Really great people! Never had any trouble with them.

In this day and age I almost order everything via mail, instead of going to some over-expensive local shop. And I do mean everything.

jumpman said:
I've worked for the US postal service, and UPS in the past, and both outfits are beyond unbelievable! They have both gotten way LAZY in the last 10-20 years, no question about it. The policy is if the delivery doesn't require a signature, it can be left at the door, as long as it is safe and out of view. Which is where the problem comes in, as most grunts just can't be left to make such a decision.
Chris
I'm thoroughly amazed that a USD$500K shipment that I would _hope_ was insured was left unsecured outdoors and left without even obtaining a signature. Here in the states, I've never received a UPS package of any significant value that didn't require a signature and even those that didn't were not simply left on my doorstep if I wasn't home. Unless you feel that there is some danger of retaliation from the obviously incompetent, lazy wanks in your local UPS delivery crew, I'd make some very pointed complaints to UPS. A backlog in deliveries is still no excuse for leaving $500K worth of stuff laying around in the open.

I held off reading this thread because I though it was going to be another:

I hate delivery service X because. . .
But I love delivery service Y because. . .
I do find it weird that they picked a seemingly random company do drop the 1 ton package off at. I like UPS better than any one else but I have never had any bad experiences with them. If what happened to Craig happened to me I would never use UPS again though.

I wonder if perhaps the delivery guy DID get a signature, from the neighboring address that he delivered to. That's how couriers tend to work around here. The "better" ones do TEND to try and deliver your goods, and if you aren't around they may try 1 or 2 neighbors. On the whole they probably consider it good service. I know my neighbors appreciate it when I hand them their packages, which otherwise would have gone back to the yard for delivery who-knows-when.

Look on the bright side - instead of losing the baords and screens and stickers and what-have-you back to storage, possibly never to be seen again, OpenPandora have their components (except the cases). the bright side isn't so bad, is it? The courier - having delivered while Craig was buying the local offlicense, may have had limited choices - but the one s/he made left the goods where Craig could easily get them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

I agree with Monk & Torpor. No point us getting in a lather about it, that's Craig's job! At the end of the day the stuff finally got delivered, to hell with the hows.

@ Monk: I was just wondering where you lived, I've never had one of my packages dropped off to one of my neighbors and I've never received one of my neighbors for them. Pretty trusting place you live in. I have had the Post Office receive FexEx packages, I think they have a policy that if they see a dog on the property they don't try to deliver to the house or something.

Back