Wallpaper Wips

Monk said:
I'm tempted by so many ideas that the lack of time is a bit frustrating. In addition to ideas already mentioned, I have this idea of a "Wonder Woman" style image with the Pandora logo on her clothing a la Superman. A fair bit of work to pull that one off, methinks, so probably won't make the cut :(

Haha, this makes me laugh considering she released evil to the world. Still, she could be on a heroic quest to find back hope :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Vlynndar said:
Monk said:
I'm tempted by so many ideas that the lack of time is a bit frustrating. In addition to ideas already mentioned, I have this idea of a "Wonder Woman" style image with the Pandora logo on her clothing a la Superman. A fair bit of work to pull that one off, methinks, so probably won't make the cut :(

Haha, this makes me laugh considering she released evil to the world. Still, she could be on a heroic quest to find back hope :p

Or she could be Superman's Arch Nemesis!

How about a mermaid swimming among sea-weed that's growing in the pattern of the Pandora logo? Or a beach covered with stones arranged in the Pandora logo, like an S.O.S. to search planes? Or how about a demon thrusting a branding iron at the screen, with the logo being the brand? Or I could try the clouds-as-logo idea that someone else had, or fish or snakes with the pandora logo pattern in the scales on its body, or a guy with hair shaved to leave a pandora symbol on his head, or...

The guy with a shaved head reminds me of the men in Valve's intro videos. And there is a picture of geese flying in a Pandora formation in the wallpaper thread, somewhere near the end.

But yes, that's a lot of ideas. Good luck.

(And I like the branding iron one. "Buy now, the all new Pandora, coming soon from the belly of the mountains of Mordor!")

Vlynndar said:
The guy with a shaved head reminds me of the men in Valve's intro videos.

I should probably play more games... if you manage a screencap quickly and easily, I'd love to see one :)

Vlynndar said:
And there is a picture of geese flying in a Pandora formation in the wallpaper thread, somewhere near the end.

Yup - saw that, was suitably amused :D

Vlynndar said:
But yes, that's a lot of ideas. Good luck.

(And I like the branding iron one. "Buy now, the all new Pandora, coming soon from the belly of the mountains of Mordor!")

Those were just off the top of my head - I can't produce first stage WIPs at the rate I could probably come up with ideas, but those just struck me as potentially nice. Ohh - dragon with scales that show the pandora logo by colour or brightness (in comparison to surrounding scales) could be fun too (a version of the fish/snake idea, but throwing a dragon into the mix).

And a school of fish in Pandora logo shape could be very like an aquatic version of the birds flying, and and... lol!

Monk said:
Vlynndar said:

I should probably play more games... if you manage a screencap quickly and easily, I'd love to see one :)

It's probably a vague connection, but
valve_head2.gif

valve_head_home.gif

The second more than the first.

Vlynndar said:
Monk said:
Vlynndar said:

It's probably a vague connection, but
valve_head2.gif

valve_head_home.gif

The second more than the first.

Ah yes! I see it now - took me a while to see the connection, and I think that the second one is closer to my thoughts, though the Pandora logo itself in my idea whould be made of hair that hasn't been shaved off rather than... ooh that'd be a funky idea too! A neon blue shining Pandora logo on the forehead, Arnold-Rimmerish!

Ta. That's just what I needed...another idea! LOL

Transmition said:
We need some Pandora-Tan in here.

This thread SEEMS to have ended up with just my WIPs, rather than as the general WIP place I'd originally intended... but I also seem to have spammed enough images in here to probably justify the splitting off from the original Wallpaper thread, IMHO.

I'm mostly minimising my effort on these images, so modelling a complete outfit and producing relevant body and face shape to match Pandora-Tan is unlikley from me at least - but the thread's ehre if anyone wants to post WIPs or try recreating her in 3D! (my only current asianesque image is on a back burner as other images occur to me that I feel I can do better).

@ Monk, ADHD much? Lol, no one is trimmer than Rimmer!

Transmition said:
We need some Pandora-Tan in here.
Agreed

I've been thinking about how to make a Pandora-Tan game character. I've had some crazy ideas like having her transform into the Pandora to become inconspicuous. I'm not sure if she should be a computer, Japan style, or if her suit should be the computer aka Samus Aran. Also Japan style, come to think of it. Either way, it's going to be awkward using those nubs.

Mr.Confuzed said:
@ Monk, ADHD much?

Not that I recall being accused of before, no (and thanks for that) but I do have an awful lot that I'd like to get done in various fields. Far more than I could possibly hope to achieve. It's a big world out there, just full of STUFF!

Monk said:
Mr.Confuzed said:
@ Monk, ADHD much?

Not that I recall being accused of before, no (and thanks for that) but I do have an awful lot that I'd like to get done in various fields. Far more than I could possibly hope to achieve. It's a big world out there, just full of STUFF!
I'm like that too. A bunch of massive projects in mind, but can't decide what to work on. I usually just end up looking into different things and then not actually do anything of note. :p Ah, the benefits of setting goals too high.

edit: I don't know, maybe I prefer the planning.

ditto, I have eight hobbies and multiple projects in all of them, it's getting to the point where all I do is research and planning, I never actually DO anything any more, like you say, a world full of options and only 8hrs or so a day free, I could do with winning the lottery just to be able to set up a company to plan my projects for me so that I could actually get something done :D

Ohhh -= frustrated at the crap I produce, ED has taken up the idea of releasing an official model!

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51340-where-is-the-flood-of-3d-art/page__view__findpost__p__796391

I plan on trying to see if I can download it and convert it, but again if anyone beats me to making a workable .OBJ file I would certainly not complain!

Ta

Just got an email from Daz. Looks like they're giving away base figures (such as Girl 4 ;)) for free now. Figured you may be interested, if you haven't already gotten them.

WizardStan said:
Just got an email from Daz. Looks like they're giving away base figures (such as Girl 4 ;) ) for free now. Figured you may be interested, if you haven't already gotten them.

In fact many of the base figures have already been free, either semi-permantently (like Victoria 4) or for a brief period after initial release - but yes, it's a good idea to point out that ANYONE can have the figures I've been using here for free at:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=130846

Most of the renders I've made here have been made with DAZ Studio, of which there is a free version too!

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/daz_studio3/download?_m=d

Great fun to play around with - and ther'es tons of free models to populate scenes with, either included with the software or as a seperate download e.g. from:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/free-3d-models?cat=382&_m=d

Fortunately, I have the figures already. I'd have to really :)

Back