Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

This image doesn't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course). Feel free to use it for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

Please share your thoughts!

disco2010:
This Image was last updated on February 15th, 14:03 GMT.
Changes:
Code:
  Changelog for 800x480 wallpaper "disco2010":
  rev01:
      Initial release.
  rev02:
      Removed one bright tile too many.
If you need any old versions, contact me.
file.php?id=665.jpg

Full image is behind the
file.php?id=666.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I had previously been asked to create a version of beauty-get that would not cover the taskbar. Well, here it is. It's basically a backport of "disco2010" to the beauty-get style.

This image doesn't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course). Feel free to use it for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

beauty-get-02:
This Image was last updated on February 15th, 14:15 GMT.
Changes:
Code:
  Changelog for 800x480 wallpaper "beauty-get-02":
 rev01:
     Initial release.
 rev02:
     Removed one bright tile too many.
If you need any old versions, contact me.
file.php?id=667.jpg

Full image is behind the
file.php?id=668.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------
See also:
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 5 (disco2010, beauty-get-02) (This post)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 4 (interdimensional)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 3 (happynewyear)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 2 (aura, noencounter, yesencounter, steelrecord)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 1 (details-02, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-02, must-be-retro, beauty-get, gap-cold, gap-warm)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
concepting some new stuff ... see where it goes. But I'd like to share this with yall!
color_blur_wallpaper.jpg

traylorpark> I like it, it's very pretty ;) I think the colored "dots" on the left side and around the logo don't blend too well though.

marshal said:
traylorpark> I like it, it's very pretty ;) I think the colored "dots" on the left side and around the logo don't blend too well though.

you don't like dead pixel simulation?

Thanks folks - the dots were to contrast the smooth swoopy design in the back. Its a concept after all, and Marshal is correct to call out some design issues - lets see what comes next :lol:

EDIT!

tweaked some more and replaced the image with something I am much happier. I hope you all like this more!!! *see original posted image

I threw together a pretty awesome ASCII Pandora logo today and thought I'd make it into a wallpaper.

Here's the version with the logo...
PANDORAwoo.preview.png

...And the one without the logo...
PANDORA.preview.png

I also made myself one...

Nice, but in which way is that ASCII? I thought that ASCII images had to be based on, you know, ASCII, and stuff...

e.g.:
Code:
                                                               ;;                                   
                                                               ;;                                   
                                                               ;;                                   
          ++                                                   ;;                                   
         +++++                                                 ;;                                   
       +++   +++      ;;;;;;;       ;;;;;;;  ;;;;;;;      ;;;;;;;     ;;;;;       ;;;;    ;;;;;;    
     +++       +++    ;;;;;;;;;    ;;;;;;;;  ;;;;;;;;    ;;;;;;;;    ;;;;;;;     ;;;;;   ;;;;;;;    
     +++       +++    ;;    ;;;   ;;;;  ;;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;;    ;;   ;;;; ;;;;   ;;;;    ;;;   ;;    
    + +++    +++      ;;     ;;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;    ;;; ;;;     ;;  ;;;     ;;   ;;;    ;;;    ;;    
    ++  +++ +++  +    ;;      ;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;    ;;; ;;;     ;;  ;;;     ;;;  ;;     ;;;    ;;    
    ++   ++ +    +    ;;      ;; ;;;    ;;;  ;;    ;;; ;;;     ;;  ;;;     ;;;  ;;     ;;;    ;;    
    ++   ++ +    +    ;;     ;;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;    ;;; ;;;     ;;  ;;;     ;;;  ;;     ;;;    ;;    
    ++   ++ +    +    ;;     ;;;  ;;;   ;;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;;    ;;   ;;;   ;;;   ;;      ;;;   ;;    
    ++   ++ +    +    ;;;;;;;;;   ;;;;;;;;;  ;;    ;;;  ;;;;;;;;;   ;;;;;;;;;   ;;      ;;;;;;;;    
    +++  ++ +   ++    ;;;;;;;;     ;;;;;;;;  ;;    ;;;   ;;;;;;;;    ;;;;;;;    ;;       ;;;;;;;    
     ++++++ + +++     ;;;;;           ;;;;   ;      ;       ;;;;        ;        ;          ;;;;    
       ++++ +++       ;;                                                                            
         ++ ++        ;;                                                                            
                      ;;                                                                            
                      ;;

Code:
          /\                    /\_                  /\__
    _____/  \_____`=---.___     \  \  _____/\_______/    \________
   /      /       \        \_____\  \/       \   _____  \         \
  /  -    \_----   \   \    \        \    _   \  \    `--\_-----   \
 /   _____/    _    \   \    \   -    \       /\  \      /     _    \
/_  /     \______________\  _________________/\  __\     \________   \
  \/                      \/                   \/                 \  /
                                                                   \/

Found in almost every operating system are wallpapers that are very basic and look great.
Here's a few I threw together.

Red:
pandorared.jpg

Blue:
pandorablue.jpg

Green:
pandoragreen.jpg

Yellow:
pandorayellow.jpg

Preview Red:
pandoraframered.jpg

Yeah, its always good to have a few like that.

EDIT: holy crap your avatar just changed! :lol:

just asking, but my papers where not in the zip file that was posted, is there some standard I missed, or do I have to explicitly state they are free for use or something? or is it they where just not good enough?, just wondering.

hobbyman II said:
just asking, but my papers where not in the zip file that was posted, is there some standard I missed, or do I have to explicitly state they are free for use or something? or is it they where just not good enough?, just wondering.
You have to upload them to http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org
Why? Because I'm too lazy to look through this whole thread, and because I want a centralized place from where I can download all the wallpapers for the pack(s) at once.

Also, if you upload your images to pandorawalls, you get benefits, such as:
  • Automatic resizing to various resolutions if your image is large enough (so if you upload an 1920x1080 image, it gets resized to 1280x1024, 1024x768 and 800x480 with nice cropping etc)
  • Hosting for all of the images (duh -.-) that doesn't time out (like ImageShack or TinyPic do)
  • The ability to reupload images in higher quality, add a description to the image, comment and rate other's images, sort them into categories, etc.
...so there's no reason why you shouldn't.

dflemstr said:
hobbyman II said:
You have to upload them to http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org
Why? Because I'm too lazy to look through this whole thread, and because I want a centralized place from where I can download all the wallpapers for the pack(s) at once.

Also, if you upload your images to pandorawalls, you get benefits, such as:
  • Automatic resizing to various resolutions if your image is large enough (so if you upload an 1920x1080 image, it gets resized to 1280x1024, 1024x768 and 800x480 with nice cropping etc)
  • Hosting for all of the images (duh -.-) that doesn't time out (like ImageShack or TinyPic do)
  • The ability to reupload images in higher quality, add a description to the image, comment and rate other's images, sort them into categories, etc.
...so there's no reason why you shouldn't.

Actually, pandorawalls is extremely slow. Timed out 4 times already. And the captcha doesn't work after 8 times of trying. And I did type it in case sensitive. :\
But pandorawalls is a great place for the one subject, pandora wallpapers :)

I had problems registering on pandorawalls. The captcha didn't work the first 10 or so times. Only very few (1-2) characters were shown and I was told that my input was incorrect every time.

From my experience, Domainfactory is a very good hosting provider with focus on service and quality: http://www.df.eu/

Edit: forget about it, they have portal sites for people from throughout the EU, but their website seems to be written in German only, no matter what you say where you're coming from.

Took a picture of this freaking ugly (and huge) spider last summer and decided to turn it into a wallpaper for the Pandora

I call it the Pandora Widow:
PandoraWidow.png

Back