Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

here's two more:
33312067231926532057.png

37267945019806224218.png

If anyone want to throw one of those 3D logos up on a site somewhere, that's be so cool :) The crappy old version of Cinema4D that I'm using has invented more ways to screw up producing a bent tube than I could possibly have imagined :(

Monk said:
If anyone want to throw one of those 3D logos up on a site somewhere, that's be so cool :) The crappy old version of Cinema4D that I'm using has invented more ways to screw up producing a bent tube than I could possibly have imagined :(

you want the flat one, the square one, or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Japa said:
Monk said:

Japa said:
Monk said:

Wow, if that's any indication of the speed of "Open" then Pandora shouldn't have software woes for long!

I was thinking of any of the models that look roughly like this:

pandy.jpg

or this:

So "cube shaped" was my original thinking, but now that I've pictured a flat one in it's place...argh!

Cubed if you have one, but more is always better, and how do you think of yours? A NEON tube? Or a glass rod full of some liquid... really like the blue one personally.

I don't know if I can pull the image off, or even if it would be good enough, but the idea that's been nagging me today is of a pair of Pandora earrings, probably shiny silver/platinum. Though I've yet to do significant work on my other idea, OpenPandora jewelry just appealed to me (heck, if one put in enough time a bet a whole bunch of little 3D Pandoras hanging from a chain would make a wicked necklace!)

Ta

I thought that some people might prefer the first version of this Wallpaper over the second one, so here it is. Feedback on which one you think is better is greatly appreciated.

Again, it doesn't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course...), feel free to use it for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

Ed, I guess it's okay for you that I embed it directly from the German forums. If it isn't, drop me a note.

details-01-02:
file.php?id=509.png

PandaLogo.rar - 0.66MB
this is what I've done, in .obj and .fbx formats.

I made a flat one, shown above, and worked quite a bit more on a box one, shown below. both consist of a tube and a filling, but can easily be made solid.

here's what I'm working on right now. Quality is low because of it being a relatively quick render (2.5hrs, :p ) and because I ramped up the exposure after the fact. a proper one should be ton by tomorrow.

Christoph.Krn said:
I thought that some people might prefer the first version of this Wallpaper over the second one, so here it is. Feedback on which one you think is better is greatly appreciated.

details-01-02:
file.php?id=509.png

I certainly prefer this one, though I'm having a problem providing feedback in this thread - so many of the wallpapers are of just an astounding quality, especially given the time span they're being produced on. I find repeated "Wow - just wow" posts to be irritating.

But yeah, this sharper clearer one over the fuzzier version IMHO :)

Japa said:
PandaLogo.rar - 0.66MB
this is what I've done, in .obj and .fbx formats.

Most excellent! Yeah, just making the outer surface opaque should make it a single solid object :)

Much appreciated! MANY thanks for including a .OBJ version :D ideal for me!

Looks good, Japa.
Sounds funny, but the glass structure reminded me of the Doom 3 intro(you know, that organic/techno mix with the pulsating heart with the ID brand mark).
Blood running through that Pandora logo glass tubes connected to a heart in the middle of the cube in a dark iron walled or tiled room with some blood spread on the floor and walls would look awesome :D
Seems too difficult to create, though.

Yet another thing created:
http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org/node/6

Doesn't have anything to do with the Pandora really; I was just bored and did an 8-minute render...

BTW,
If you all want your creations to be preserved (so that we don't have to go through the whole thread later), please upload them to http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org!

2v2fnh4.png

As with other posters, I'll try to make a good pretense of accepting constructive crit. At the moment my biggest thing is that I think the Pandora object is a bit too small - I've tried to make it stand out enough but, well - size isn't EVERYTHING but it is A thing. Maybe I need to zoom in a bit and lose some of the hair so that we can see the logo better?

Ta

Monk said:

Um, yeah, use Japa's - he's an actual modeler; mine is cobbled together from cylinders and spheres. On with the renders and thanks for the .obj Japa!

Maybe I need to zoom in a bit and lose some of the hair so that we can see the logo better?

Monk: What about scrolling down, so that she has a Pandora neclace between her cleavage? ;) :p

As for the earring, I can honestly say I didn't notice it at first. BTW That is lovely artwork :)

Monk said:
As with other posters, I'll try to make a good pretense of accepting constructive crit. At the moment my biggest thing is that I think the Pandora object is a bit too small - I've tried to make it stand out enough but, well - size isn't EVERYTHING but it is A thing. Maybe I need to zoom in a bit and lose some of the hair so that we can see the logo better?
I don't think there is anything constructive about my criticism, sorry, but I just had to say that this is very scary. She's getting all down in my uncanny valley, and not in the good way. Just... GIANT FACE! :blink:
Zooming in would be the exact opposite of what would make me comfortable.

What software are you guys using for these 3D renders? I have never gotten into 3D rendering so i figure with the CPU power i have (OC'ed Q6600 8GB Ram) it would be a fun thing to do (And a good use of a kick-ass pc). I have a GTX260 and would like to find something that can use the CUDA support but its not necessary.
Any suggestions?

-Eric

masterofcomputers said:
What software are you guys using for these 3D renders? I have never gotten into 3D rendering so i figure with the CPU power i have (OC'ed Q6600 8GB Ram) it would be a fun thing to do (And a good use of a kick-ass pc). I have a GTX260 and would like to find something that can use the CUDA support but its not necessary.
Any suggestions?

-Eric
I use Blender + LuxRender, but to start with it might be good to just stick to Blender.

There aren't really that many software stacks that support OpenCL/Cuda yet, but for 3D rendering, you don't need that necessarily; many renderers use normal graphics shaders to accelerate rendering and that's usually enough.

BTW, I use a Q6600 too, and I'll tell you that it usually isn't enough to have just one CPU. Using LuxRender, I connect to a network of 5 other PCs to split up the rendering for me, and my renders can still take up to 15 hours sometimes.

Thanks chaps. I do have a more cleavagey image in mind too, but I wanted to at least test the waters as to what is acceptable around here. I hadn't thought of a nice delicate neclace, which now it's been suggested I like but I fear it would get even more lost down there than is is right by her face :(

The image I had in mind would have her holding a Pandora out to the viewer, but I don't have a good (current, up-to-date, in a format I regularly use) model of the Pandora. I could do an image without, I guess, and see if ED wants to fill in the gap with a Pandora? (I'd put a dull box or something there to indicate positioning and preserve modesty).

I also wanted to see if I was hitting the mark human-wise... I tend not to "do" humans very often, preferring fantastical beings. But I've had a series of "Pandora girlie" images in mind for ages now that have been sreaming for release (even if my 3D PC has been down the pan for 2 months).

Hmmm... zooming in on her head even worse? Check. I'm gonna hafta use a different idea for the logo though before I zoom out, as it has to be large enough to be seen. We;ll see. Sorry Stan :(

Thanbks to those who like it better than Stan does - sadly I'm "standing on the shoulders of giants". A lot of what I accomplish I'd never manage were it not for the tools I use.

masterofcomputers said:
Any suggestions?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but while I'm unable to use my REAL 3D computer, I find that cheap or (better still) free is a good way to go. For example, the image I posted earlier is rendered in DAZ Studio from:

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/daz_studio3?_m=d

There's a bunch of free models at the site if you look around too, which can make for a good and fairly easy introduction to the scene IMHO.

Ta :)

Monk said:
Hmmm... zooming in on her head even worse? Check. I'm gonna hafta use a different idea for the logo though before I zoom out, as it has to be large enough to be seen. We;ll see. Sorry Stan :(
Don't be sorry for me. Do what you think is best! :)
It could have been photorealistic and I'd still have been a little creeped out. Just... GIANT HEAD! :p
It's made a little worse because it is a render and not something my brain would expect on a regular basis. The model as much as can be seen is very good. I'm sure you'll figure something out that works great :)

dflemstr said:
masterofcomputers said:
Any suggestions?

-Eric
I use Blender + LuxRender, but to start with it might be good to just stick to Blender.

There aren't really that many software stacks that support OpenCL/Cuda yet, but for 3D rendering, you don't need that necessarily; many renderers use normal graphics shaders to accelerate rendering and that's usually enough.

BTW, I use a Q6600 too, and I'll tell you that it usually isn't enough to have just one CPU. Using LuxRender, I connect to a network of 5 other PCs to split up the rendering for me, and my renders can still take up to 15 hours sometimes.

Oh my... Maybe thats what i should use the server in my basement for... It has 4 of those 6core AMDs in it. I hope the overclock i have helps. Its sitting at 5GHz right now..
What are the specs on the other PCs?

Back