if this port would be possible, we could start playin windows-games

ros_034_diablo2.jpg

Crasherball said:
hey, I wonder it would be possible to port ReactOS for the pandora

its an "open source windows xp"

if this port would be possible, we could start playin windows-games

NO! NO! NO!

What processors does ReactOS support?
ReactOS supports only processors with x86 architecture. ReactOS will also work with AMD x64 (AMD64) and Intel x64 (EM64T), however, it will not configure the processor for Long Mode (64-bit) execution. A Power PC port is being worked on, too. See Supported Hardware list for further details. More architectures will be added in future versions.

Take the time to do research, I had no idea what processor its supports and 1 min I found the WIKI and found the answer above.

A mod should lock this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
I had no idea what processor its supports and 1 min I found the WIKI and found the answer above.
A search for "reactos" in the forums here would have told you the same even faster.

An ARM version of ReactOS is under development, but it is far from finished. Even if it was finished and ported to the Pandora, all you would have is a Windows-like environment. Actual Windows applications would not run under it because they are compiled for x86. You would have to recompile each individual application or game, and we all know that most of the stuff that people want is not open source.

ReactOS is a non-starter from any angle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back