Want A Free Gizmondo

P

pAiN

Just got an email stating if you register at Gizmondo.com and you buy your Gizmondo from the Gizmondo store, there is a chance that you can get your money refunded.

Here is the email.

Remember when you registered at Gizmondo.com to win yourself a free Gizmondo?

Well, now is your chance. Simply head over to our brand new Gizmondo shop and make your purchase as normal. If the email address you supply matches the one you submitted when you registered previously, you could be one of the 50 lucky souls who will receive a full refund.

It's early days and units are shifting fast so if you find we're out of stock don't worry: we'll make sure that everyone has a fair chance to buy before we make our draw, and we'll keep replenishing our supplies.
So what are you waiting for?

You can order it from: http://sdm3.rm04.net/ctt?kn=2&m=293534&r=N...&j=NTEzNDQ0MwS2

Seems way to expensive for me.

If this was the best portable console in the world I still wouldn't want one. I'd never live it down the first time my mates asked me what it was.

mr twit posted on Oct 29 2004 at 07:35 PM said:
What's up with those buttons? Play, stop, fastforward? Isn't this primarily a games console?

just playstation button rip off, the buttons have to look different for legal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
jlebrech posted on Oct 29 2004 at 03:30 PM said:
mr twit posted on Oct 29 2004 at 07:35 PM said:
What's up with those buttons? Play, stop, fastforward? Isn't this primarily a games console?

just playstation button rip off, the buttons have to look different for legal reasons.

Thats not exactly true. It also plays movies, so the button layout is perfect for a movie player.

ya, the gizmondo was built around Windows media player 9 and music downloading anwhere with a Nvidia chip and a 400 mhz procesor thrown in
It will be the most powerful handheld but

has no mocrophone
has ads! ( pop ups!!! get 2 a day )
has a small ass screen
has plans for an updatable anti-piracy program ( updates via gprs for anti-open source )
NOT OPEN SOURCE

thats why PSP and GP32 get my money
I was gonna get one untill I learned they have ads and such a small screen
plus, all that power ( 128 bit Nvidia card plus 400mhz and 32 megs ram ) and NO OPEN SOURCE!!!

~Octavious

Octavious posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:18 PM said:
ya, the gizmondo was built around Windows media player 9 and music downloading anwhere with a Nvidia chip and a 400 mhz procesor thrown in
It will be the most powerful handheld but

has no mocrophone
has ads! ( pop ups!!! get 2 a day )
has a small ass screen
has plans for an updatable anti-piracy program ( updates via gprs for anti-open source )
NOT OPEN SOURCE

thats why PSP and GP32 get my money
I was gonna get one untill I learned they have ads and such a small screen
plus, all that power ( 128 bit Nvidia card plus 400mhz and 32 megs ram ) and NO OPEN SOURCE!!!

~Octavious

Hmm, weren't you supporting Gizmondo at first? :p

www.gp32z.com

Octavious posted on Oct 29 2004 at 08:23 PM said:
and the next gp32, but we'll worry bout that one later

~Octavious

Will be waiting a very long time.

WhizzBang posted on Oct 29 2004 at 11:24 PM said:
So is there anything in Gizmondos favour?

Yeah it has the best name of any handheld ;)

Having seen how cheap the PSP will be in Japan, i'll wait for that....and hope for a GP64 :) If the Gizmondo had a bigger screen i'd be interested, 2.5 inch is the same as the GBA. All that power wasted on a postage stamp, what a shame.

Octavious;
Has no microphone? what I cant remember the last time i looked the GP32 and PSP having one either.

The adds; you dont have to receive them, its an option, if you want to they will send no more than 2 a day, they will pay any GPRS cost, you will get money off vouchers, and they wont disrupt any thing you are doing at the time, they will come in like a normal message.

Small screen- well it's not massive sure, but I can't remember the tens of millions of people complaining at the size of the GBA screen.

It's not open source yet, but that didn't stop people doing it for PS2, XBox, GBA etc

PSP uses the type of port a cell phone uses
they use headphones and can be a microphone

only reason there is no headphones on cell phones is its impractical

and yes, lot o peeps complained about GBA screen size, but not until something biger came out mostly
when GBA came out, it was the biggest handheld screen
now that we know screens can be bigger, small is kinda a waste

and to the guy who wants to know what the giznmondo has going for it
Its more powerful than the PS2
just, kinda limited due to storage reasons
400mhz procesor, 128 Nvidia graphics card, 32megs ram, wireless, so on
just the screen, closed source, and lack of cool features ( 802.11b ) turned me away
and the price lol

~Octavious

Back