Want to explain what the Pyra is?

How about mixing up keyboard layouts. This especially sucks for me since I regularly use three different ones (and a fourth when using other people's computers and keyboards). I suspect ED is using 3 or 4 himself, and now he has the Pyra.

Only in that I occasionally find myself with the wrong one active. I have the "windows" key set to switch keyboard layouts and occasionally hit it accidentally, so It's not terribly unusual for me to type half an English sentence before I realise that I've been typing Cyrillic characters instead of latin ones. :) И енд уп витх сентенцес тхат лоок лике тхис!

-Neelix

what are your thoughts about something made to look copper or another color
Copper... I love copper. So some nice wood with a copper inlet... that would be nice... (but first I will have to see what I can do with the led. imagine a firebird where the eyes are the leds...)

How about mixing up keyboard layouts.
Yeah, I got a dutch keyboard at work, so I brought my own US-EN keyboard. Have to alt-shift each application (rotates the keyboard layout)... because I also use it without the external keyboard (so I do not make it the default...)

Personally, I run a US layout on this UK layout laptop since it gives me easier access to the | symbol, and I can generally touch-type on it. On my Pandora I constantly have to look at the keyboard to discover where any of the symbols are, so I'm hoping the Pyra's slightly more standard symbol locations will make my life easier.

Please explain.
Cheap LED flashlights usually have pseudo-white LEDs. Those can (some are better than others) have a pretty low color rendering index, meaning that even when they're bright, details may be difficult to see. True-white LED light can be created as a mix from red, green, and blue LED light sources (in various shapes and forms). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-emitting_diode#White_LEDs_and_the_Illumination_breakthrough

The question is whether there's a way to integrate this into a Pyra in such a way that it could still be a proper notification indicator for all intents and purposes. If such a way could be found, then that would make for a sweet ass-hardware upgrade.

Maybe.
It might be working if I solder some wires from one LED I don't need to an external flashlight led...

But Pyra's hardware-design is not friendly for modding.
I'm sad that there are no solder points like the one on Pandora for the additional shoulder buttons.

I'm speaking of: 2nd HDMI, Camera and Flashlight.
Especially the missing possibility to add a second big screen is what I miss most.
You mean "big" as in big for a second screen that's integrated into a handheld device, or are you talking about a second external monitor?

Anyway, I agree that that's sad (though I don't know just why it is this way, so I'm not judging either).

Watching the video again and... we need YOU for the Pyra pre-orders!

You mean "big" as in big for a second screen that's integrated into a handheld device, or are you talking about a second external monitor?

Anyway, I agree that that's sad (though I don't know just why it is this way, so I'm not judging either).

I mean second external screen.

Why?
I know how complex the board and how less space is left for new things.
I can't blame anyone for that. Adding and testing even more things to the CPU and Motherboard would be some work.
And to be honest: I don't see much room on the Motherboard for HDMI and Camera pins.

And for the camera: We already are lucky to be able to shrink the LCD-Cable to that tiny size to fit besides the shoulder button.
More wires would be really bad.
A camera might be possible with a second cable like the Pandora's Wifi cable or the 3DS's multiple flex-cable design.
Adding everything would be possible, especially a camera and non-camera version but design wise (as far as I can judge it) it'd make some things more complicated.

Let's earn some money and make funny things later :)

*long time lurker here* Oh, I also just realized that the logo design had changed compared to the early versions. Well .. for the case I don't like it .. *starts thinking of a design to cut/carve into PCB-FR4 material with my CNC mill* (FR4 is translucent, so it even will light up where the copper is cut away) :)

i like it, it's simpler, and cleaner for the back of the Pyra. less likely to get crud in it.

i'm not even sure how many non-ED-fanboys would notice.

I use the GP32x theme here, so I don't see the logo every day, and hadn't noticed the change until people started pointing it out, but I do prefer the original with the licking flames. But I am concerned that that lick could catch on clothing, depending on how well it's attached to the plastic below. Is the plan to print the inverse of the logo on the plastic below so that it blanks the metal and makes a smooth logo?

@levi I thought the translucent part would fill the gap in the logo. If not, that will simplify the process for custom plates.

Music is always the hardest thing when doing a video, seriously.

[...]

If someone has a better music for me to use (I.e. CC), let me know and I'll replace it.
This song may fit these two videos:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbsFH3i3pQ

It's on NewRetroWave's "Royalty Free Music" list, which contains music that "content creators on YouTube" can use, as long as they "Include the full title of the track" in the description and "Include a link to the track on NRW's YouTube" in the description. See their conditions.

Here is an approximation of what the result could look like.

The only questions that remain are what exactly they understand to be a "content creator on YouTube", and/or whether you intent on using the video outside of Youtube.

Other than that, maybe you should upload just the voice tracks of these videos somewhere, then everyone can try to find other music that might fit these videos better. The current music still sucks really hard (in my opinion, anyway), to put it mildly.

Back