Want To Upload Panjoust, 41Mb, To The Appstore. How?

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hi,

Well the topic says it all, 41mb file, 30mb limit. Yes i could investigate if i can trim those last mb's by compressing images or music even more, but realistically, the game will only get bigger in the long run, so would only be a temporary solution.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

MarkoeZ said:
Hi,

Well the topic says it all, 41mb file, 30mb limit. Yes i could investigate if i can trim those last mb's by compressing images or music even more, but realistically, the game will only get bigger in the long run, so would only be a temporary solution.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

Did you strip the libs/binary ?
In my experience, this have a good impact on file-size. Else wait for Craig to upgrade theses limits...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure Craig reads this section. Maybe you should send a PM or try to catch him when he posts somewhere else.

mali said:
I'm not sure Craig reads this section. Maybe you should send a PM or try to catch him when he posts somewhere else.

Of course I read it.

I'll up the limit to 1GB.

It's done, it's 1GB now, give it a try just incase I've forgotten something. My net connection is too slow to upload a huge file without it taking all afternoon!

craigix said:
Of course I read it.
Not posting much don't mean you don't read :)
I was sure you read here, else how would you do any form of customer support :)

craigix said:
Upgrade the screnshot size-limit while you're at it (pretty please)

sebt3 said:
craigix said:
Of course I read it.
Not posting much don't mean you don't read :)
I was sure you read here, else how would you do any form of customer support :)

craigix said:
Upgrade the screnshot size-limit while you're at it (pretty please)

What do you think the screen shot size should be? 50k is pretty good for 400*240 isn't it? I don't want massive file sizes if it can be helped... optimisation :)

craigix said:
Of course I read it.
Sorry, my bad. I wasn't entirely sure, cause you missed the dead batteries ;)

craigix said:
mali said:

Of course I read it.

It's done, it's 1GB now, give it a try just incase I've forgotten something. My net connection is too slow to upload a huge file without it taking all afternoon!

Ah great! i'll upload the latest demo soon.

fusion_power said:
Why is this nice little Game 41MB big? I thought it uses only 8-Bit PNGs or eats the Music/Sound all the Space? ^^"

Ah. How far have you played or seen the demo? Because currently the first 4 levels use the same graphics layout, but the 4 after all have different (big) backgrounds and variating clouds and attributes.

Also, this nice little game is still a long way from completion, and there are already different music tracks for every different graphic set (5 sets implemented currently), tracks for levels with <1min timelimit, levels with 1 - 1.5 min timelimit, and 1.5 to 2 minute lmits. All loaded automatically depending on set and timelimit(if present in the level) Then some graphic sets have unique time limit tracks, the credits screen has a track, menu has one, etc etc etc.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

This is a really terrific game, by the way!

BTW, craigix, "my bad" is an American way of saying "I was wrong" .. its sort of childish, meant to be said with a curled lower-lip, a bit dum-dum cute ..

Hmm tried to upload but recieved the error "Filename should be at least 6 characters including extension"

And that was after uploading the 41 mb

MarkoeZ said:
Hmm tried to upload but recieved the error "Filename should be at least 6 characters including extension"

remember that every field is mandatory and you screenshot have to be smaller than 50k

I tried 4 times to upload the zeldas games without succes (16M), so I just give up.
But I can feel your pain. I hope you'll have more faith and luck next time ;)

sebt3 said:
MarkoeZ said:

remember that every field is mandatory and you screenshot have to be smaller than 50k
Ugh, i left the screenshot field empty, thought to avoid any more problems. The site could perhaps check before accepting the upload?
Might try again later tonight.

MarkoeZ said:

I was getting the same error when I was trying to upload. Turns out it was because the file was too big (which shouldn't be the case anymore)
That "Filename should be ..." error seems to be the only error you will see, whether that's the problem or not. I thought Craig was going to fix it when I brought it up last time, but maybe he hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Back