Wanted: Aba Game Ports

Blue Protoman

I want all of Kenta Cho's game to be ported to Wiz. They must meet the following conditions;

• Must run at 60FPS (30 is acceptable, but 60 is better)
  • Must retain every gameplay feature from the PC version (graphics may be cut down as necessary)
  • Must have good controls
  • Must be loud enough (NOIZ2SA is too quiet)
  • If scaling is required, must be done with as little pixellation or squishing as possible
  • Touch screen support if noted

Configurable controls are not necessary.

I will pay for each game that follows the above rules. These are games Kenta Cho has released the source code for (he has tech demos that aren't games, which are not on this list). Many of his games are within the Wiz's limits (including use of OpenGL), so porting shouldn't be too hard, especially since we have a perfect port of NOIZ2SA.

This is the list of his games I want ported to the Wiz. They are all for Windows. He has made more games for different platforms. Also, would Java be hard to port to the Wiz? He's made a few Java games (and Java 3D games) that I wanna play on the go.

If you want to contact me, you may do so at megamanboyz@cs.com. Name your price and we'll talk. Thank you for your time.

Which ones are too hardware intensive? some ABA games are already working on the GP2X let alone the Wiz. The game that is on the Wiz plays quite well. I think it's a good idea, I'd love to see more.

They could be stripped right back (effects-wise), and maybe you'd get a playable game, but then they wouldn't be quite the games you were wanting. Each of those games IS possible as they are, but the frame rates would make the game totally unplayable.

Anyway, as a guestimate, try playing those games on a 10+year old pc with a crap graphics card and you might just see what the Wiz game could play like.

If you wanted to "buy" a developers time to re-create a game for you, then it would cost hundreds of times more than you are offering, just for one game, especially if they asked for minimum wage per hour - £5.80 UK; so that's over $8.00 for one hour's work based on current exchange rate. That hour isn't going to buy a lot of visible game!

Jest: The OP asked that the game -

• Must run at 60FPS (30 is acceptable, but 60 is better)
  • Must retain everything from the PC versions, including 3D effects (except minor graphical changes as necessary)
  • Must have good controls
  • Must be loud enough (NOIZ2SA is too quiet)
  • If scaling is required, must be done with as little pixellation or squishing as possible
  • Touch screen support if noted
The GP2X versions of any of those games would not include ALL of the above features, especially on a screen only 320x240.

As I stated the games are theoretically possible, but would need severe trimming in pretty much every area.

I changed the OP. I didn't know it'd be that hard. I know nothing about coding, considering how excellent and smooth NOIZ2SA is.

Weather there is money involved or not, I think the community is interested this isn't the first post to be made about it. =)

Back