War in Ukraine

Before the invasion of Russia into Ukraine, a mirror into the lives of people of Donbas:

If we consider Ukraine in "Europe", then there has been raging a war for 8 years. Where (west-) Ukraine writes on their bombs (mortar grenades) "It's better for all children", and proceed to bomb a kindergarten. Film it and are proud of it. No peep in the MSM of European countries. No collection of funds and good. No people from European countries to fight for the cause. nothing... silence...

Last edited:
monopoly violation
chance-card-vintage-monopoly-go-directly-to-jail-design-turnpike.jpg

Dis-information (funny):

Yes, a hospital, which was evacuated previously and a base of Azov batallion (but that's not how they bring the news):

Ukrainian Army shoots children's room in Donbas

Opinion of Family in Donbas (braught under Russian Army control): Ukranian Army bad, Russian Army good (It's complicated):

Tartars help out Ukraine against Russia:

Russians trying to get some real news:

Russian lies:

This happened Pre-war. Not sure what faction it is:

Last edited:
Ukraine President:

So the hospital I was talking about yesterday was mentioned by correct city name

:O
The theories are wild. Like: there is "Jarun" in Croatia (Zagreb city), and "Yarun" in Ukraine (Zitomir city). It's possible they made mistake entering wrong coordinates for Croatia instead of Ukraine. Then the drone fell down because it was out of fuel.
But if so... who's checking borders?!?!

Facebook to allow calls for violence against Putin​

Oh ..... wobbly ethical stance there Zuckerborg. Clearly a policy driven by PR.

Well what other function does Facebook have? They decide which hate to instill and which to qualm. They used to try to make it more subverted, more discreet, but as time passes it was becoming obvious to more, so why keep pretending...
suprression of conservative news
boosting Cambodjan president for just $15000/day
Experimenting with "automatic depressing users"
Racist attacks correlated with places with higher Facebook use
And of course, hating someone is not like showing naked breasts, so it must be Facebook-kosher. After all they censored Delacroix for the liberty breast, not for the violence and the many dead in the picture.

IF it wasn't because Putin is a bloody dictator I would almost admire him. He's got rid of McDonalds, KFC, PizzaHut, CocaCola, Pepsi, Facebook, some patents, some copyrights ...

But since I live in the west I must focus only on Putin disinformation and not my side disinformation, and be happy with human rights exceptions in the EU because of fear of Putin.

That's nothing.
This is disgusting

Aid workers warn over risks of human trafficking​

Concerns on how to protect women from becoming victims of human trafficking at border crossing are growing.

Mornay, a former member of the French Foreign Legion who is helping refugees at the Medyka border crossing between Poland and Ukraine told Al Jazeera that his team found three men trying to get several women into a van.

“I cannot say 100 percent they were trying to recruit them for sex trafficking, but when we approach them they got nervous and they just left immediately,” he said.

Romania’s local authorities also told Al Jazeera they have been working on advising women to make sure to have they phone battery charged and to remember the car’s tag they board once they have crossed the border.

Annual global profit over sexual exploitation is around $32 billion, a EU commission’s report showed, a figure that rises during humanitarian crisis. “The risk of some capitalizing on the pain of these people is very high,” said Andreea Bujor, an aid worker with World Vision Romania.

IF it wasn't because Putin is a bloody dictator I would almost admire him. He's got rid of McDonalds, KFC, PizzaHut, CocaCola, Pepsi, Facebook, some patents, some copyrights ...
That's a weird way to look at it. Besides, he's also lost access to PSN for all russians, and I don't honestly see how that helps russians, other than them being more up for standing in the street maybe holding a placard, rather than sitting in their damp russian bedsits playing playstation.

That's a weird way to look at it. Besides, he's also lost access to PSN for all russians, and I don't honestly see how that helps russians, other than them being more up for standing in the street maybe holding a placard, rather than sitting in their damp russian bedsits playing playstation.
It could help Russians if local Russians would open up local restaurants to replace McDonalds, PizzaHut or KFC without the cut of benefits that now goes to foreign owners. It could benefit Russians if they drank healthier drinks than CocaCola or Pepsi. It could help Russians if they were free to use and develop better software without paying royalties. And they can always play tetris, set up their own game servers and/or program their own games. Or do some sport instead, if they were wise enough. Nothing of this will happen, of course, Putin will replace any foreign mono/oligopolies with mono/oligopolies given to friends and Russians won't be any less miserable for it. That's if Putin can deliver on his promises, it may find himself it's not in his best interest to withdraw from the Paris convention from 1883 or similar and lose Russian monopolies abroad.
I think the brave Russians risking repression while protesting are doing so to prevent their relatives and neighbours being sent to die abroad and kill brothers, afraid that it ends up by nuking and being nuked, more than to get to play their playstations again.

My point was that we think we are damaging Russia with sanctions but we're just isolating them from a relatively small part of the world and withholding useless goods and services, most of them virtual. We're getting less and more expensive food, metals, gas and oil in exchange, which is quite more material. But Ukranians are getting bombs on them, which is absolutely material and terrible. I don't oppose sanctions, it's still wrong to do business with criminals and pecunia non olet until it stinks too much. We should adapt our consumerism and production to more local resources anyway, so some break on globalisation is OK. But money is just virtual and I doubt sanctions will get rid of Putin. Let's hope Russians can, because I don't know what else goes.

In order to effectively occupy a country and basically quell uprisings you need 20-25 occupying military per 1000 occupied population. But Russia only has 4. I believe this means that even if they take Kyiv (by bombing) they won't be able to maintain control (unless they keep bombing).

In order to effectively occupy a country and basically quell uprisings you need 20-25 occupying military per 1000 occupied population. But Russia only has 4. I believe this means that even if they take Kyiv (by bombing) they won't be able to maintain control (unless they keep bombing).
Keeping bombing is entirely possible, unfortunately.

I'm reading all kind of weird news.
  • Ramzan Kadirov would be in some underground shelter in Ivankiv, Ukraine, to cheer his 10000 Chechen troops which say they are near Kiev (or is it just because there's no more Instagram in Russia?) . If that's Putin's desnazification, I fail to see the point.
  • The Financial Times claims US officials think Putin is asking China for some weapons. I could only read the headline because of paywall. WTF ? Wasn't Russia supposed to be the Goliath in this story ? First Syrian mercenaries and then Chinese weapons ? Is the Russian army in worse shape that we thought, or is this just preparatory work to split the world in their axis for WWIII and saving some army for the next theatres? And why on earth should China be interested ? (unless it was its plan all along, and Putin is just Xi Jinping's pawn, which would be very hard to believe for me). The paralympics just ended, if China was waiting for that at all. But come on, it doesn't make sense...
  • Yang Jiechi, top Chinese diplomat and Jake Sullivan, US National Security advisor to meet on Monday, in theory to speak about sanctions on Russia.
  • Both Ukranian and Russian negotiators talking about the negotiations going somewhat better and hoping for results in some days.
It's either peace soon, WWIII or information intoxication on my part. I'm logging off...

Back