War in Ukraine

Ukraine population using the same punishing method as ISIS

At minute 8:00 you can see a side by side comparison between Ukraine and ISIS punishing methods (no trial):

If it was just hitting the bum with a rod, a mild punishment, then well, ok, no big harm done. But some are just brutal: hit until you are half dead.

Some sarcasm to forget the previous video:

And if you can not relax with a war next to you:

I can't sleep because Germany will be at the helm of the European Army...

Lets hope it gets rolled out in all of Europe and terrorists can no longer walk the streets, go to the supermarket or use public transport! Although some others prefer a build in microchip, which will also help identify terrorists. In either case: win-win!
Trading your privacy and freedom for safety?

Ukraine population using the same punishing method as ISIS
When something bad happens usually groups of people point to a certain group so they can treat them harshly. Which sucks for those people.
I've read they do this to looters for example, but I guess everyone can shout something and just beat-up a random person.

Trading your privacy and freedom for safety?
Exactly! And if we ever are short on freedom, we'll import it from the USA, they have plenty of freedom! And many countries already benefit from their freedom, like Irak, Syria, Vietnam, Pakistan, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, etc. ;)

on another note, European food production is slowly collapsing. There won't be hunger, but with less production, the prices will go up. Now is the time to buy (for example: cooking oil, soil, quick growing seeds).

Source: https://www.epochtimes.de/politik/d...-ab-sommer-nicht-mehr-gesichert-a3765818.html

Let’s be clear: the letter posted above from German poultry association states in no uncertain terms: our supply of animal feed has run out, so our egg supply runs out within 12-15 weeks.

But it’s not just poultry. It is not an isolated crisis, but an exemplar of the full collapse of modern agriculture, now in its final moments.

Greenhouses sit empty, unheated, because the price of natural gas is too high.

Fertilizer is not being produced.

Ranchers are not breeding animals — and are already culling — because there is no feed.

Countries have cut off the exports, and there is not enough wheat to go around for importers.

Grow/store everything you can.

And be ready with seeds and ANSWERS as people are going to be waking up in droves and looking for answers, “How could our gov lie to us?”

We all must do an honest assessment of how we became so dependent on such deeply toxic, self-destructive systems/practices/behaviors, and resolve to better discern and divorce ourselves from them for the rest of time… Or else we will simply fail forward into the clutches of the technocrats.

No Fear - it keeps us from imagining & creating the new, decentralized future. Let’s make it a better one. This is the make it or break it moment.

- Christian @iceagefarmer

Note that, at least in Netherlands, the greenhouses are being converted to not use gas anymore. This process started more than a decade ago. So there will be food. Just not enough.

Last edited:
on another note, European food production is slowly collapsing. There won't be hunger, but with less production, the prices will go up. Now is the time to buy (for example: cooking oil, soil, quick growing seeds).
Now is a bit late, the prices have already gone up. Some people cannot even heat their homes anymore, let alone prep for when they cannot heat their homes anymore.

But yes, if you have enough resources but lacked the insight to do it sooner, then now is definitely the time to prep.

There's lot of propaganda. Do you believe this ? Now I tend to believe it, I may change my mind tomorrow or something... the reporter itself warns it could not be verified.
I thought the other colonels, generals or whatever they're called were shooted down by Ukranian snipers...
Also, is this colonel a relative of former Russian President and then Primer Minister Dmitry Medvedev (Putin's pupppet)? Or is Medvedev a common surname ?

Russian colonel killed by own men - Western official

d0d68595-bd61-4f53-b070-d4a002dda416.jpg

Paul Adams
BBC Diplomatic correspondent
Two more senior Russian commanders have been killed - one of them apparently died after being attacked by his own men, a Western official has said.
The commanding officer of the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade, a colonel, was deliberately run over by his own troops as a result of the scale of losses taken by his brigade, the official said.
“That just gives an insight into perhaps some of the morale challenges that Russian forces are having,” they added.
However other reports suggested the colonel - named as Yuri Medvedev - had suffered leg injuries and had been evacuated to Belarus.
A seventh general (commander of the 49th Combined Arms Army) was also killed. The Kremlin has not yet responded to the claims.
The BBC has not been able to confirm this independently

Whether or not the incident of a colonel being run over by a military vehicle participating in the same campaign as him is true, I don't think it is necessarily evidence of widespread morale problems. It only takes one person to do the act, and with so much equipment and firearms around, there is a great deal of opportunity.
Clear evidence of morale problems would be things like large groups of soldiers surrendering, or at least refusing to fight.

As far as how the war is going for the Russians, they are not losing. If the major objective is to destroy the current Ukrainian government and install a regime more pliant to Russian demands: well that has not been achieved yet, and looks like it might take a while. Should Zelensky be killed or otherwise incapacitated, the calculations may change.
On the other hand, securing the removal of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions from Ukrainian control looks pretty much achieved: whether they become nominally independent states or absorbed into Russia is not really material. In addition, it looks to be only a matter of time before Melitopol Mariupol is completely destroyed, and Russia has the 'land-bridge' between Russia and the Crimean peninsula, denying Ukraine access to the coastline of the Sea of Azov. That objective looks likely to be achieved.

While Russia has sustained significant manpower and materiel losses, it still has considerably more resources it can call upon. While NATO can supply weapons, it chooses not to supply manpower, and the Ukrainian army is not larger than the Russian army. In addition, I think Russia is gaining the upper hand with air superiority, especially with drones. Overall, if the political will is there, I can see Russia simply grinding its way slowly across Ukraine, levelling cities with artillery, and if it takes several years, so be it.

Yes, this is a rather dismal assessment. It could be turned around if Ukraine gets enough effective anti-artillery munitions, and anti-drone munitions, but as of now, Russia's resources, manpower, and will to keep grinding away looks to be a rather strong hand. We have had a month of war. It could easily extend into years.

Last edited:
Why did Russia literally flatten Mariupol? If anything it was a warning as to what could happen to Kyiv. Thinking that they can't or are failing to take Kyiv does not compute. I don't see why they would want to flatten it if they don't have to. This explains their restraint.

Also don't underestimate the cohesive forces of the military. Disobedience is immediately punished by military prison. You're not guaranteed light nor water. Or they'll make you march in circles for days barefoot and clean the bog with your tongue. Or worse.

Now is a bit late, the prices have already gone up.
But prices have gone up a little. Predicted is that they COULD go up much more.
I feel bad for countries like Eritrea. All of their imported grain comes from Ukraine and Russia. Both of these markets dried up a little.
Diesel? Will skyrocket.

Here are some of the quotes from those articles:
With both Ukraine and Russia’s ability to produce and export food uncertain, a global supply gap “could push up international food and feed prices by 8% to 22% above their already elevated levels,” said the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
FAO said up to 30% of Ukrainian wheat fields will not be harvested in the 2022 to 2023 season due to the violence.

Wheat and barley prices rose 31% in 2021 while rapeseed oil and sunflower oil became 60% more expensive over the course of the year.

At least 50 countries rely on Ukraine or Russia for 30% or more of their wheat supplies, particularly in the Global South. In 2021, Eritrea's wheat imports came entirely from the two countries. According to the U.N. Development Program, before the war 66% of the Eritrean population was already unable to obtain adequate food.

How much ammo do you have?
none. And that's ok here in Europe.

tiny unrelated fact: During the second world war, the Dutch were not allowed to listen to radio from abroad, because then the German propaganda would not work that well.

Everyone, I'd stop posting bad news and speculation all the time.
It's really bad for your mental health.
It's really not like we'll all starve to death here in Europe.
Most of our countries and the EU is too rich for that.

Things might become worse, but not catastrophic.

What will make things worse for sure is, if we only read/hear bad news and always think the worst scenario will come.

If supplies are scarce, what makes the situation even worse?
Telling people to hoard them and buy as much as they can.

What I tell you all is the following:
Care for each other and share what you have.
Live a life in the name of God.
If we all do so, we all have enough.

It's a war thread.
That does not force you to depress each other.
One can always pick the worst news about the world and our (semi competent) politicians.

There are positive news.
Like how united the West acted.
Me and many other people did not expect that.
So it seems like the corrupted leaders/countries/companies can still stand together if they have to.
They might not do the right thing now, however in a potentially arising conflict with China, there is some hope that old allies can and will still fight together.

From what I understood about wheat, many countries have already started planting more wheat than usual at the end of last year (wheat future had already risen due to concern about the Ukranian situation so it was profitable for farmers to plant more wheat) and there should be more than enough to cover the missing Ukranian production.
Countries that imported Ukranian wheat will have to rearrange their supply chain, which could be difficult, but shouldn't have any impact on wheat prices.

So the only reason wheat prices have gone up this high is panic and probably some speculation investment as well.
Normally, we'd expect a wheat crash at the end of the year, but the way the market is concentrated, it's still possible that a handful of people keep prices high even as farmers destroy their harvest because of a lack of buyers.

It's really bad for your mental health.
Too late to cure that... Thanks for trying.
Care for each other and share what you have.
I like that. Good advice. Honest. You shared part of your beliefs, and I'll share mine.
Live a life in the name of God.
Sorry, I don't know where you live, but here Identity theft is a crime. I guess I could plead pantheist or something, but I'd rather not risk it. After all, most judges seem to think they're above God.
So, unless and until God signs me powers of attorney with any standing in court, I won't act in Its name, and I demand It to cease and desist any act in my name.
I reserve my right to sue God if I ever stop being an atheist and find any proof of residence and of what It's done to this world.
But hey, you can believe in whatever you want, that's sometimes the last freedom one's left.
If we all do so, we all have enough.
If we all had done so there wouldn't be a war, nor a thread here. So we're talking about the scenario where we don't all do so.

I can confirm there is a pizza shortage in the UK. M&S did not have any meltingly cheesiest so I had to get ricotta & spinach. For the third week running. This never happened before. Luckily they had Petit Chablis.

That does not force you to depress each other.
One can always pick the worst news about the world and our (semi competent) politicians.

There are positive news.
Like how united the West acted.
Me and many other people did not expect that.
So it seems like the corrupted leaders/countries/companies can still stand together if they have to.
They might not do the right thing now, however in a potentially arising conflict with China, there is some hope that old allies can and will still fight together.
While I agree with your sentiment there is just a lot of negative news to report. This war isn't doing much good.

For example a coming food shortage:

While I agree with your sentiment there is just a lot of negative news to report. This war isn't doing much good.

For example a coming food shortage:
That is why we must stop telling people to hoard food and prepare.
If we buy stuff like usual, or even a bit less, there would be enough (at least in the western evolved world).

Back