War in Ukraine

Be wary of disinformation. Social networks are effective propaganda tools and all sides of the conflicts have people skilled in using them. So think twice before sharing anything you see/read about the conflict.

Reactions: rSl
We are stupid, selfish, serial assholes
We sure are, and I think your observation trumps all other considerations regarding who is right and who is wrong. The bottom line is that people are arseholes, and will exploit other people given half a chance. When we all destroy ourselves, Dogs will inherit the earth :) .

labrador.jpg

If you believe in misinformation and propaganda then your must acknowledge you might also be a victim. All I know is I know nothing. The only thing I know exists is myself. Cogito Ergo Sum.

Be wary of disinformation. Social networks are effective propaganda tools and all sides of the conflicts have people skilled in using them. So think twice before sharing anything you see/read about the conflict.
Yeah but come on. Are you policing?

Opinions will be divided. This is a fact. We don't want censorship so maybe freedom of opinion with a commitment to civility are reasonable pillars of this forum.

oh, c'mon!
Trying to get to:
and there was this article I wanted to read "https://www.rt.com/russia/550271-putin-doctrine-foreign-policy/" ... gone...
https://www.rt.com/russia/550493-ukraine-donbass-military-operation-prehistory/ (very interesting) ... gone...

Probably because of:

At least the Arabs are impartial and up:

And 9gag, source of information. For example:

(interesting in the comments)

So yeah... get your info from different sources to be able to discern the bias in each.

What my biggest issue is how blindly and foolish German and European politicians have acted over the last 20 years.

We gave Russia power by making us dependent on their gas and oil.
We made China powerful by giving them our technology and making us completely economically dependent on them.

Sure, global wealth comes from global cooperation.
However what we did is simply foolish. Just to get the cheapest products we outsourced it all.

We must make sure, that in a case of war we can sustain on our own.
Stuff could get more expensive, but not break us completely.
Now if Russia and China turn away from us, we're basically done. At least the EU.

I sincerely hope that with COVID and the war EU finally becomes a little less corrupt and after 30 years we might eventually get some less corrupt politicians which oversee the bigger picture.

What my biggest issue is how blindly and foolish German and European politicians have acted over the last 20 years.
Well, I don't have the feeling we are now in a hurry to prevent more problems.
Sure NATO increased military around the borders, but I don't see a rush on purchasing weapons or training more people.

We gave Russia power by making us dependent on their gas and oil.
We made China powerful by giving them our technology and making us completely economically dependent on them.

Sure, global wealth comes from global cooperation.
However what we did is simply foolish. Just to get the cheapest products we outsourced it all.

We must make sure, that in a case of war we can sustain on our own.
Stuff could get more expensive, but not break us completely.
Now if Russia and China turn away from us, we're basically done. At least the EU.

I sincerely hope that with COVID and the war EU finally becomes a little less corrupt and after 30 years we might eventually get some less corrupt politicians which oversee the bigger picture.
Corporates lobbying politicians to allow them to do as they please has and will cause many crisis. The supply chain dependency you mention, trashing the environment, human rights abuses and monopolies. Profit seeking corporates are pushing back against sanctions. And we need to curb inflation quickly by raising interest rates but corporates are against it because it will hurt profits. So we suffer.

Capitalism and the competition it creates is great for getting economies efficient, weeding out crappy companies and raising the standard of living as a result. Now we're efficient and fiercely competitive so resort to globalization to reduce costs and access new markets.

Capitalism was conceived to be something democratic and decentralised but isn't any more. Stock markets, credit ratings, interest rates, real estate, policies are all being gamed by corporations. This means capitalism is broken. Now innovation is down as the digital boom wanes. Most people are poorer. And now this war and futures tensions will surely mount.The decades to come will be hard.

Last edited:
This is absolutely horrible, I'm following the news nearly 24/7 and pray for Krikzz and the full Everdrive team.
The Everdrives are coming from Ukraine and as most probably know we're selling them almost since the first one has been produced!

So far, I can confirm the shipping manager was last online yesterday night, so they seem to be safe so far, let's hope that will stay like that.
A package worth 12k EUR full of Everdrives is lying at the Ukrainian border (as DHL / Deutsche Post was stupid enough to route the package back there instead of delivering it to us), but that's just money - the lives of al the Ukrainian people is a lot more important!

I was surprised how fast all other countries started to support Ukraine, even the German government now... they hesitated at first but suddenly started to act pretty fast.

Stay safe out there!

Well, this headline isn't worrying me at all.
Just another nuclear day. Carry on.
In the list of all available options you would think this one would be the last. So either he has no options left, which I doubt, or the actual military force is being deployed for a final push and that needs to work.
Satellite images show a 3km Russian convoy at Kyiv, and I would think it needs to be all-or-nothing. As failure would mean they need to retreat, which would not be an option for them I would think.
Western media is claiming they are holding strong, which they are doing. But that might just be optimistic coverage, as the big guns are only now being deployed.
Hope I'm wrong though and Ukraine stands strong.

Back